Upgrading My First Build... first post was an error

MishimaGirl

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Ugh. My original post messed up.

I want to upgrade my rig. I'm heavier in 3D Graphics and I'm running Maya, Blender, DAZ 3D, Photoshop,etc. My"monster" is about a year and a half old and I want to finish this project between now and September. I'm buying a Mac Book for mobile projects. but I use my PC when at home. I'm graphically and musically heavy. I don't not plan to game on it,,,maybe in the distant future so it's not a priority. I'm not ready for OCing yet, but I'm reading up on it and getting some tips. I know I'm going to add a Blu-ray drive and I'm thinking of getting an SSD to move my programs to. I don't want to really spend more than $600, but it all depends... So many choices! Any help is appreciated and sorry about the bad posting earlier.

My current build is/ What is have handy:

CPU
AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition

MOBO
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO

RAM
Corsair 12GB (1x 8GB and 1x 4GB 1333)

Optical Drive
ASUS 24X DVD Burner

PSU
Rosewill 700w

1 x ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

HDD
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM

Case
Xclio Blackhawk Full Black Edition

Again, thanks in advance.

clutz

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I would upgrade the CPU & Mobo to an I7 since it will help in 3d, photo, & video editing and you probably may need new RAM to go with the I7 as well, not sure though.

MishimaGirl

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Kinda wish this was around when I first built the current rig. I spent exactly THAT!
-I just bought the 8GB RAM too... :(
I would like to see if there's anything good under the AMD hood, too. I don't need top of the line, but I want a good comparison. I'm really just starting out in 3D and don't have a good feel to know what I'm looking for the next great build. Can you or anyone help?

MishimaGirl

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Wow...

Yeah, big difference! I shall return to Intel and make a second build to house the current guts. clutz, thanks for your advice!

Thanks for the help, guys!

TRENDING THREADS