Sign in with
Your question

New Build Help, not POSTING

Last response: in Systems
April 14, 2012 4:48:54 AM

Hello,

It has been a while since I was last on this forum. I am recently building a new PC. It is mainly for video and 3d rendering, and a little gaming.

The parts I use are:
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX 8120 8 core cpu
Corsair 650watt PSU
8gb Corsair RAM 1600 mhz
EVGA gtx 560TI (This works since I pulled it out of my old build)

The problem I am facing now is the computer powers on, with all fans working, and some LED on, but the system is not going into POST, and I get a blank screen. I also dont hear any Beeps.

The MemOK LED is on constantly, and pushing the button doesnt seem to help.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've also plugged in only the bare minimum, RAM, CPU, Video, and Mobo, with no success.

I plan on replacing the PSU, and getting a different RAM for testing purposes tomorrow at Frys.

Any help would much be appreciated!

Thank you!

P.S I guess building a PC on Friday the 13th was a bad idea.

More about : build posting

April 14, 2012 5:21:29 AM

Forgot to mention, the Mobo is on the latest BIOS, so it does support the FX 8120
m
l
April 14, 2012 6:54:52 AM

you installed the 8 pin power connetor to your mb?? all the power connectors to the video card plugged in. cmos reset jumper in right spot as the cable header are all the cables on right??
m
l
April 16, 2012 9:00:07 PM

Ah I figured it out. I eventually gave up, and believed it was a faulty PSU. I decided to give it 1 more try. And what I had discovered was the RAM was not in all the way. (silly me).
This is the first time seeing that type of RAM slots where you put in 1 corner, and slide the other corner in.
m
l
!