Dell E6410 missing "Graphics Options" right-click menu

richyau

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Dell E6410 laptop running Windows XP SP3 with Dell dock.

I've been using the right-click "Graphics Options" > Output To > Monitor + Digital Display method to use dual monitors with my docked E6410. The Graphics Options menu has gone missing after I attached my laptop to another monitor temporarily (without the dock). I believe the Intel GMA Control Panel is what this is, and it's missing. I've installed the latest Intel HD Graphics Driver (6.14.10.5394) to try to get it back but to no avail.

Is there a way that I can restore the GMA control panel, or is there a separate download just to install the GMA control panel perhaps?

This is the Control panel I am referring to: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/sb/CS-022119.htm

My chipset though shows:
Detected Chipset:
Mobile Intel® 5 Series Chipset
Platform Component Hub:
Intel® QM57 SATA Controller found in AHCI mode

Thanks in advance - Richard

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Did you try the other methods shown on the page you link to? Like:

Opening Windows* Display Control Panel and selecting Settings > Advanced > Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile > Graphics Properties

richyau

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Yes, it's as if the Intel GMA control panel has been deinstalled or disabled. The "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile" tab is not at the location anymore. I'm thinking there must be a way to install just the Intel GMA control panel...if installing the entire Intel HD driver didn't do it.

Mark_Und

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I've experienced this a few times in the last few days when connected to the Dell USB-C dock. Each time I have to re-install the Intel driver and reboot.