GeForce 8800 ultra- Vegas Pro (9 or 11) Secondary GPU for preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaallday

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Hi. Thank you for reading. Ill try to be as specific as possible with my question. Ive searched for hours and i get conflicting data everytime. I called Nvidia and they were useless, i couldnt even understand the lady.

Im doing music video editing. I have a quad6600 8 gigs of ram a geforce 8800 ultra and use vegas pro 11. I want to have a triple monitor set up. identical monitors. I want to add a second video card and dedicate it to the preview screen for Vegas. Is this possible? I will not be using SLI again NO SLI. all i want is to throw a cheap card ( GT 220) in to support my third monitor. I can make the 8800 my primary or secondary it doesnt matter to me i just want to reduce the lag on the preview and have it on a dedicated screen. Also i can downgrade to vegas 9 if that can get rid of the lag. its useless for video editing when i cand line up my mouth with the vocals.

Also i need all three monitors to be extended mode. As in i need to ba able to use Vegas on all three screens

PLease help. again i searched far and wide using multiple combinations of keywords and questions and got nothing

Thanks again

D