Sign in with
Your question

Which Comes First, the Chicken or the Egg?

Last response: in Systems
April 14, 2012 2:07:42 PM

NEWBIE. Once I have all of the components properly installed, I have several questions of how to proceed.

The motherboard, video card, harddrives, plextor CD/DVD recorder/player all have dics with drivers, etc. Will a generic usb keyboard and mouse work without loading any drivers so that I can use them to help load other drivers? Will the Plextor work without first loading drivers? (I'm using the Plextor to install everything.) It seems that the keyboard, mouse, and Plextor have to magically work in order to start the process of installing drivers for the keyboard, mouse, Plextor and everything else. These components have to work to install drivers/software; drivers/software have to be installed for these components to work!!!??? HELP !

More about : chicken egg

April 14, 2012 2:36:19 PM

try it, if it works, great if not then not great. I don't think your pc would explode if you fail at least not on the normal case
m
l
April 14, 2012 3:06:52 PM

Most OS's come with generic drivers that will do all that for you. They install automatically. You can then use the manufacturer's drivers to get added functionality, but in most cases, it's not necessary.
m
l
Related resources
April 14, 2012 4:00:15 PM

Don't forget to set your "boot device" in bios to your CD/DVD.
m
l
April 14, 2012 4:38:26 PM

Awesome thread title, LOL.
m
l
!