Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't boot after I upgrade power supply

Last response: in Systems
April 14, 2012 2:45:24 PM

My parent just bought the power supply and memory for me. After I replacing the cheap-a$$ power supply, the computer won't boot, nothing it happen and the buzzer doesn't beeping. My power supply is Thermaltake EVO_Blue 550W Modular Power Supply. Here's the specification of my system:
- ASUS P5KPL-AM SE Mobo
- Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 GHz
- 4GB DDR2 RAM (just upgraded from 2GB)
- Galaxy GeForce GT 220 (borrow from my friend, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti is actual my video card and it was borrowed)
- Seagate Barracuda 500GB
- Samsung DVD Writer

Here's what problem affect on my system:
- Is the problem come from CPU? Maybe the socket bended (or not).
- Is northbridge are damaged after I cleaning that?
- Or from your opinion?

I own the ASUS motherboard since more than 1 year. Help me to solve that problem!
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 14, 2012 3:03:21 PM

Have you tried putting the original PSU back in to see if it boots? Its possible that you got a DOA power supply, (it happens). Did you take proper steps to ensure no static discharge hit the components (ie grounding yourself before working in the case or wearing an anti-static wrist-strap?)

Why would the CPU socket be bent? If you're replacing the PSU and RAM, there was no reason to mess with the CPU.

And how exactly did you clean the northbridge?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
April 14, 2012 3:52:27 PM

"Why would the CPU socket be bent? If you're replacing the PSU and RAM, there was no reason to mess with the CPU."
Exactly the question I have. :) 
m
l
Related resources
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 14, 2012 4:00:48 PM

Chaz21 said:
"Why would the CPU socket be bent? If you're replacing the PSU and RAM, there was no reason to mess with the CPU."
Exactly the question I have. :) 

Yea.. My Gemini brain (the biological equivalent of a dual core) is overheating trying to figure that one out. :pt1cable: 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
April 14, 2012 4:17:08 PM

:lol: 
m
l
!