6600, GPRS and T-Mobile email

Last response: in Brands
April 20, 2004 11:32:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

My phone only takes seconds to connect to gprs but then sits forever to
connect to t-mobile to download my email. If I use gprs to go to a bookmark
etc there is no wait. Is it the t-mobile server? Does anyone else use
t-email that could give me an idea why it is taking so long. Only once have
I managed to connect in a few seconds to my email. The rest of the time I
have been connecting, disconnecting, etc because of the long wait time.
Once I thought I would see how long it would take and I was connected for 4
minutes and still it gave me the message connecting to t-mobile gprs. Its
ridiculous. I dont want to waste the sparse gprs I have sitting in limbo.
I use o2 gprs on my 7250i handset and no such problem. Its quicker to use
that to check my email rather than my main phone which in the 6600 and
supposedly with inbuilt-email(slowmail).

--
The Queen

More about : 6600 gprs mobile email

April 21, 2004 3:54:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

ThQueen has written
>My phone only takes seconds to connect to gprs but then sits forever to
>connect to t-mobile to download my email. If I use gprs to go to a bookmark
>etc there is no wait. Is it the t-mobile server? Does anyone else use
>t-email that could give me an idea why it is taking so long. Only once have
>I managed to connect in a few seconds to my email. The rest of the time I
>have been connecting, disconnecting, etc because of the long wait time.
>Once I thought I would see how long it would take and I was connected for 4
>minutes and still it gave me the message connecting to t-mobile gprs. Its
>ridiculous. I dont want to waste the sparse gprs I have sitting in limbo.
>I use o2 gprs on my 7250i handset and no such problem. Its quicker to use
>that to check my email rather than my main phone which in the 6600 and
>supposedly with inbuilt-email(slowmail).

It has just taken me 45 seconds to connect to T-zones, go to EMAIL & CHAT,
select t-email & be presented with my email folders. I am using a SE T300 with
CSD wap connection. GPRS should be quicker than that. could be a problem with
coverage or congestion in your area

April 21, 2004 10:18:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I don't use t-mail, only use their SMTP for outgoing

"TheQueen" <nonono@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:c63tt8$nqq$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
> My phone only takes seconds to connect to gprs but then sits forever to
> connect to t-mobile to download my email. If I use gprs to go to a bookmark
> etc there is no wait. Is it the t-mobile server? Does anyone else use
> t-email that could give me an idea why it is taking so long. Only once have
> I managed to connect in a few seconds to my email. The rest of the time I
> have been connecting, disconnecting, etc because of the long wait time.
> Once I thought I would see how long it would take and I was connected for 4
> minutes and still it gave me the message connecting to t-mobile gprs. Its
> ridiculous. I dont want to waste the sparse gprs I have sitting in limbo.
> I use o2 gprs on my 7250i handset and no such problem. Its quicker to use
> that to check my email rather than my main phone which in the 6600 and
> supposedly with inbuilt-email(slowmail).
>
> --
> The Queen

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:20:23 PM

nick wrote:

> I don't use t-mail, only use their SMTP for outgoing

How do you use their SMTP for outgoing? Thought it was password
protected, unless the 6600 provides for such a feature?

Cheers
Simon
!