Sign in with
Your question

Airflow for my Cosmos II case

Last response: in Components
July 27, 2012 2:43:33 PM

Hi, guys. I just bought myself a Coolermaster Cosmos II case and a ton of fans for it. I'm wondering what type of directions my fans should be placed at to get good positive pressure without affecting the temps.

Currently, my build has a Corsair H100 at the top and I'll be doing push/pull with it. So, in head, I'm having all the fans, with the exception of the rear 140mm fan, be intakes.

I know that tops fans should be used for exhaust since heat rises and stuff but it is also subject to following the path of the airflow.

BTW, I'm using:
9 Aerocool Shark 120mm fans - 3 at the top, 1 below the 200mm fan, 4 for the sides GPU and drive cages, and 1 inside helping the 200mm fan pull air
1 Aerocool Shark 140mm fan - for exhaust
2 Corsair SP120s - to replace the H100 stock fans
and the stock 200mm fan.

More about : airflow cosmos case

a c 80 ) Power supply
July 27, 2012 5:14:21 PM

You don't want to affect the temps? What could be the purpose of not trying to get low temps?
m
l
July 27, 2012 6:04:52 PM

inzone said:
You don't want to affect the temps? What could be the purpose of not trying to get low temps?

Sorry. Let me rephrase that.

I want it not to affect my temps in a way that it increases them.
m
l
Related resources
a c 80 ) Power supply
July 27, 2012 9:02:53 PM

That's better , with 10 fans you should have enough to make the inside of the case a good cool place to be. If you were to draw a picture of the air flow that you want to have it would start at the front and go through the middle of the case and rise to the rear and top fans.
So that means the front and side fans will be intak and the rear and top fans will be exaust.
You mentioned the you want only the rear fan to be the exaust and all the rest be intake which will not give you good air flow , the rear fan is not big enough to accomodate that much cfm air pressure and will be choking the air flow and causing the temp inside the case to rise. You need the top fans to be exaust also and that will give you enough exaust fans to keep the air flow giong and give you good internal air temps.
m
l
July 28, 2012 2:53:28 AM

inzone said:
That's better , with 10 fans you should have enough to make the inside of the case a good cool place to be. If you were to draw a picture of the air flow that you want to have it would start at the front and go through the middle of the case and rise to the rear and top fans.
So that means the front and side fans will be intak and the rear and top fans will be exaust.
You mentioned the you want only the rear fan to be the exaust and all the rest be intake which will not give you good air flow , the rear fan is not big enough to accomodate that much cfm air pressure and will be choking the air flow and causing the temp inside the case to rise. You need the top fans to be exaust also and that will give you enough exaust fans to keep the air flow giong and give you good internal air temps.

Oh, ok. But would this still maintain positive pressure inside the case considering the amount of fans exhausting since the H100 at the top will be in push/pull?
m
l
a c 80 ) Power supply
July 28, 2012 4:23:37 AM

What is the purpose of having positive pressure inside the case?
m
l
July 28, 2012 5:02:03 AM

I prefer it to negative pressure to keep dust buildup to a minimum since I'm fairly lazy in cleaning out my PCs.
m
l
January 9, 2013 11:14:52 PM

Are you putting fans on side of case? If not then I would only do back fan for exhaust.
Having H100 on top would be a good idea to suck air in so you will have fresh air BUT if it has a desk or cabinet or etc... above it then it will have heat above and suck in hot air. If that is case then have H100 blow air out.
m
l
!