Flashed VBios, messed up, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nna2

Distinguished
ok, so i decided after much overclocking to start fresh, after noticing i had no backup bios i went to the internet... found the one on a large vbios list (forgot the site), its a big one tho

and flashed away

it dosent post anymore with the card in

if i set it to non primary (internal primary) it gets to the starting windows screen, and sticks at a grey screen

ive done several blind flashes no success, any ideas on how to fix it

D

Deleted member 217926

And what exactly were you trying to flash a 6770 to? The only video card that I think flashing the BIOS on is a good idea would be a HD 6950 to a HD 6970 and I'm not even sure you can still do that anymore. What were you trying to accomplish by flashing a 6770? It's a low mid range card. You are not going to break any overclock records with it.......

D

Deleted member 217926

If you did not back up the original BIOS before you flashed it i'm pretty sure you killed the card. Oh well, at least now you can get something more powerful!

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Did you make a back up of the original bios? If you did you may be able to flash it back in safe mode. If that fails I would guess you just made yourself and expensive brick. Having flashed several 6950's to take advantage of the additional shaders (btw this does not make it a 6970) I often say to users that if you want better performance buy a better card. With prices what they are this is the best way to do it.

D

Deleted member 217926

Pretty sure you bricked the card. That's why you make a backup of your BIOS before you try and flash it.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Well since you made no reply to the question of did you make a back up I assume you did not. As a "Hail Marry" you might try using the RBE (Radon Bios Editor) "make" a bios with the correct parameters. All in all does sound like you got yourself a new door stop.

D

Deleted member 217926

EVGA has the best warranty in the business. They cover overclocking and overvolting and even aftermarket cooling. Guess what they don't cover? Yep, you got it. No way will HIS cover it.

D

Deleted member 217926

^ Yep.

As I said above they have the best warranty ever and even they do not cover flashing the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS