Solved

HAVE HP 8330 WITH 8500GT GRAPHIC CARD FREEZING UP WHAT CAN I REPLACE IT WITH

I HAVE A HP 8330f MEDIA CENTER WITH GFORCE8500GT VIDIO CARD STARTING TO FREEZE UP WHAT CAN I REPLACE THE CARD WITH
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about have 8330 8500gt graphic card freezing replace with
  1. Best answer
    You could replace it with another 8500GT.
  2. soidier37 said:
    You could replace it with another 8500GT.

    COULD I UPGRADE AND CAN IUSE A DIFFERNT MANUFACTURE HP WANT 144.00 PLUS CORE
  3. Is this a desktop or a laptop?
  4. Budget and purpose?

    EDIT: The 8500GT is no longer produced, so they will be hard to find and/or way overpriced. I wouldn't even worry about replacing it with the same card.

    Far as a cheap replacement, this would be the easiest since you just pop it in, and don't have to worry about drivers:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133386

    Far as the best replacement, The ATI HD6670 is the fastest card you can get without replacing the power supply:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161397
  5. BRUCE N said:
    I HAVE A HP 8330f MEDIA CENTER WITH GFORCE8500GT VIDIO CARD STARTING TO FREEZE UP WHAT CAN I REPLACE THE CARD WITH


    BRUCE N said:
    COULD I UPGRADE AND CAN IUSE A DIFFERNT MANUFACTURE HP WANT 144.00 PLUS CORE


    Don't...
    Post in ALL CAPS
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
  6. soidier37 said:
    Is this a desktop or a laptop?


    DESKTOP
  7. Mousemonkey said:

    ok
  8. runswindows95 said:
    Budget and purpose?

    Far as a cheap replacement, this would be the easiest since you just pop it in, and don't have to worry about drivers:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133386

    Far as the best replacement, The ATI HD6670 is the fastest card you can get without replacing the power supply:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161397

    Thank you
  9. only have 300 w power supply maybe i should get the card from hp for 144.00 unless i could find one that is capatable , would like to upgrade a little without changing to much . thanks
  10. Best answer selected by BRUCE N.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Media Center Graphics Product