Sign in with
Your question
Closed

LG 23" Or Asus 24" for Eyefinitiy PLEASE help! Need a Pros Advice!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 6, 2012 11:41:50 PM

My specs 1st off
i7 2600k
Asus Gene-IV M-ATX Mobo
8 GB 2200 RAM
2TB 7200rpm Hitachi Storage
120gb Corsair Force GT series SSD
XFX Double Dissipation 7970 OC Black Edition
850w XFX PSU

Anyways, I already ordered all the above, now its monitor hunting time, I am stuck, I have always liked the bright fast picture ASUS provides, And Want a big screen to play ARMA on , BUT then I found a crazy good deal on refurbished LG 23" E2350V-SN Widescreen LED-Backlit LCD , With this monitor I can afford to get 3 and not even come close to breaking the bank, they have 5ms response , and the 16 million colors i believe, I just want to get the most out of my 600$ GPU, What monitor or set up of monitors do you suggest? I value your advice

Here is what I have found, Or please advise what you think is best, I just want super high def vivid colors with no delay, I saw some of the 3d monitors, which I dont care for 3d but they have 120hz instead of 60hz, Should I go with one of those high priced dudes or 3 of the LG, Will the LG give me a good HD experience on my games// and movies? is 23" ok for my GPU? will it fill the screen and look good?
$100 LG 23" E2350V-SN Widescreen LED-Backlit LCD(I could afford 3 of these)
$158 ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ Speakers 300 cd/m2 20000 :1 (ASCR
$175 Asus ML239H
$319 ASUS VG236HE Black 23" Height,Swivel & Tilt Adjustable Full HD 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor
Or a 3d model from BenQ or Asus? I appreciate any help you can offer!

Best solution

February 8, 2012 2:46:17 AM

I understand where you are at the moment; had a tough time picking a monitor some time ago.
I'm no monitor expert but from the looks of your GPU, that 7970 will be able run every game extremely smoothly at 1080p. So, hardware is no obstacle. One up will be 2560 x 1600 and those 30 inch monitors aren't cheap.
Since you don't care for 3D, forget it. It wouldn't make much sense to consider it and you get to save money.
Also to look out, there are many gimmicks when it comes to manufacturers selling their units. Things like speakers and HDR are more of gimmicks than anything else. The most important thing for you (a gamer I take it) is good reaction time and good colour reproduction.
While the LG model is tempting, I would go for the Asus VH236H. Almost got that once.
But with your budget, have you tried looking at Dell's unit. I hear they are really good.
Do note, 24 inch also runs 1080p. I personally prefer that size.
February 15, 2012 12:24:02 AM

Best answer selected by joecrazy.
Score
!