Which XBox 360 launch title excites you most?

Last response: in Video Games
May 13, 2005 3:25:38 AM

Dead or Alive 4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo 3
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:24:52 AM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Dead or Alive 4
> > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> > Halo 3
> > Kameo: Elements of Power
> > Perfect Dark Zero
> > Project Gotham Racing 3
>

> Not a very impressive launch lineup.
> I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.

You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
at least two sure fire ones.
May 13, 2005 9:34:22 AM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Boody Bandit wrote:
> > > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Not a very impressive launch lineup.
> > > I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
> >
> > You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there
and
> > at least two sure fire ones.
>
> I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
titles or
> titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how
good DOA
> looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute
JOKE of a
> fighting game.

I'm no DOA fan either, that's why I said *five* instead of *six*. :-)

Anyway, Elder Scrolls is the followup to Morrowind. Kameo is a Rare
project that's been in the works for a while. It was originally going
to be an Xbox 1 release but I guess it's now been pushed to the 360.
Here are some screen shots from the Xbox version.

http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/kameo/kameo_shot...
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:41:46 AM

I know it's not a launch title, but any word on how soon afterwards
Blue Dragon will come out? I'm not one to buy a console right away
just to be among the first to have it, so for me, the magic combination
is probably something like:

Blue Dragon + KOTOR 3/Jade Empire 2 + XBOX 360 price drop

Subject to change, of course. Holidays 2007, perhaps?
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:16:22 AM

On 12 May 2005 23:25:38 -0700, "Jonah Falcon"
<jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Dead or Alive 4
>The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
>Halo 3
>Kameo: Elements of Power
>Perfect Dark Zero
>Project Gotham Racing 3
>
>Jonah Falcon

Out of that list, Halo 3 but I doubt it will be a launch game.

Maybe the Elders Scrolls , but I found Morrowind to be pretty boring,
so I'll wait and see.

So far Gears Of War, Ghost Recon 3 and 99 Nights look very promising.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:21:17 AM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Dead or Alive 4
> The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> Halo 3
> Kameo: Elements of Power
> Perfect Dark Zero
> Project Gotham Racing 3

Not a very impressive launch lineup.
I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:48:59 AM

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > Dead or Alive 4
> > > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> > > Halo 3
> > > Kameo: Elements of Power
> > > Perfect Dark Zero
> > > Project Gotham Racing 3
> >

> > Not a very impressive launch lineup.
> > I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
>
> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
> at least two sure fire ones.

I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those titles or
titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good DOA
looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE of a
fighting game.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:50:17 AM

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > > Dead or Alive 4
> > > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> > > Halo 3
> > > Kameo: Elements of Power
> > > Perfect Dark Zero
> > > Project Gotham Racing 3
> >

> > Not a very impressive launch lineup.
> > I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
>
> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
> at least two sure fire ones.

Give me SC3, a revision of Tekken 5 or Mortal Kombat </insert new version
name here>, hell give me Bloody Roar sumtin-sumtin over any DOA game.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:50:59 AM

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> Dead or Alive 4
> The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> Halo 3
> Kameo: Elements of Power
> Perfect Dark Zero
> Project Gotham Racing 3
>
> Jonah Falcon

It probably dates me, but I'll be looking at "Quake 4."
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:37:47 PM

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Dead or Alive 4
> The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> Halo 3
> Kameo: Elements of Power
> Perfect Dark Zero
> Project Gotham Racing 3
>
> Jonah Falcon

PGR3 and Elder Scrolls IV. PDZ looked cack.

Tommy
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:50:15 PM

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> > > You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there
> and
> > > at least two sure fire ones.
> >
> > I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
> titles or
> > titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> > understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how
> good DOA
> > looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute
> JOKE of a
> > fighting game.
>
> I'm no DOA fan either, that's why I said *five* instead of *six*. :-)

OMG ~ EGG ON FACE!
I'm so excited about this shinny new offering from MS I forgot how to count
8^(

> Anyway, Elder Scrolls is the followup to Morrowind. Kameo is a Rare
> project that's been in the works for a while. It was originally going
> to be an Xbox 1 release but I guess it's now been pushed to the 360.
> Here are some screen shots from the Xbox version.
>
> http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/kameo/kameo_shot...

I haven't been this pumped for a new system since I played the Import
version of the PS1.
Which I ended up ordering the day I played it for the low low price of $800
w/ 2 games (Ridge Racer and Toshiden)
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:16:26 PM

> I haven't been this pumped for a new system since I played the Import
> version of the PS1.
> Which I ended up ordering the day I played it for the low low price
of $800
> w/ 2 games (Ridge Racer and Toshiden)

I "only" paid $600 for the XBox during the Nov 2001 launch :p  I got 3
games of my choosing, though. (I picked Halo, DOA3, and Tony Hawk 2X.)

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:17:45 PM

Jonah Falcon wrote:

> Dead or Alive 4
> The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> Halo 3
> Kameo: Elements of Power
> Perfect Dark Zero
> Project Gotham Racing 3

There's no way Halo 3 will be a launch title. Unless maybe the reason Halo 2
didn't live up to a lot of people's expectations is that half the team was
secretly working on Halo 3 instead. But I doubt it.

I'd expect Halo 3 to coincide with the PS3 launch. Kameo looks very meh, PD0
might be good, Elder Scrolls looks hot, Gotham... I dunno, after Forza I
need a break from racing games. DOA4 will be another tech demo masquerading
as a fighting game.

I hope MS has some aces up their sleeves for launch because none of those
(other than Halo 3) would make me want to buy a 360 at launch. Even though I
will anyway. :)

-Z-
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:39:25 PM

> I don't get MTV because of my wacked out little town. Did they give
an
> actual launch date for the Xbox 360?

Here, get yourself up to date:

http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/xbox360/

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 2:23:42 PM

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Not a very impressive launch lineup.
> I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.

Have other (non-Microsoft) consoles had better launch lineups?
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 2:27:51 PM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Boody Bandit wrote:
> > > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> > and
> > >
> > > I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
> > titles or
> > > titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try
> > > understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space
how
> > good DOA
> > > looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an
absolute
> > JOKE of a
> > > fighting game.
> >
> > I'm no DOA fan either, that's why I said *five* instead of *six*.
:-)

> OMG ~ EGG ON FACE!
> I'm so excited about this shinny new offering from MS I forgot how to
count
> 8^(
>

> > Anyway, Elder Scrolls is the followup to Morrowind. Kameo is a
Rare
> > project that's been in the works for a while. It was originally
going
> > to be an Xbox 1 release but I guess it's now been pushed to the
360.
> > Here are some screen shots from the Xbox version.
> >
> > http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/kameo/kameo_shot...
>
> I haven't been this pumped for a new system since I played the Import
> version of the PS1.
> Which I ended up ordering the day I played it for the low low price
of $800
> w/ 2 games (Ridge Racer and Toshiden)

You're certainly more pumped than me. I'm a little disappointed with
the controller design myself. I always liked the bigger Duke and altho
it was ok that they put two shoulder buttons to replace the b/w
buttons, I still would have liked to see six face buttons in addition.

I'm curious too if the wireless controllers will support rumble and how
that will affect battery life. I'm also concerned about the video
camera for use on XBL...I'm not interested in some dude's ass shoved in
front of the camera after he kills me in Halo 3.

But I am most impressed with the full HDTV support (all games
16:9/1080i).

I'm sure I will get an Xbox360 some day, I'm just not sold on getting
it on day one until I actually get confirmation on the launch titles.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:37:34 PM

In article <1115965538.394273.308750@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jonahnynla@mindspring.com says...

--
Rob Berryhill
Anonymous

Beck wrote:
> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> >> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there
and
> >> at least two sure fire ones.
> >
> > I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
> > titles or titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind
and
> > try to understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in
space
> > how good DOA looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is
> > an absolute JOKE of a fighting game.
>
> From what I *think* I know about Kameo Elements of Fire, it first
started
> out to be a PS2 game. Then it was dropped and moved to being an Xbox
1 game
> which many stores had set for release this month. But it has slipped
and
> slipped and now is obviously aiming for Xbox360. Its a shame, I have
had
> this on my rental list for ages now.

Kameo is a Rare game so I believe it was originally going to be a GC
game...then MS bought Rare.
May 13, 2005 6:37:01 PM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Boody Bandit wrote:
>>> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Not a very impressive launch lineup.
>>> I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
>>
>> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
>> at least two sure fire ones.
>
> I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
> titles or titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and
> try to understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space
> how good DOA looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is
> an absolute JOKE of a fighting game.

From what I *think* I know about Kameo Elements of Fire, it first started
out to be a PS2 game. Then it was dropped and moved to being an Xbox 1 game
which many stores had set for release this month. But it has slipped and
slipped and now is obviously aiming for Xbox360. Its a shame, I have had
this on my rental list for ages now.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:20:54 PM

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> there
> > > and

> > > titles or
> how
> > > good DOA
> absolute
> > > JOKE of a
> > >
> > > I'm no DOA fan either, that's why I said *five* instead of *six*.
> :-)
> >
> > OMG ~ EGG ON FACE!
> > I'm so excited about this shinny new offering from MS I forgot how to
> count
> > 8^(
> >

> > > Anyway, Elder Scrolls is the followup to Morrowind. Kameo is a
> Rare
> > > project that's been in the works for a while. It was originally
> going
> > > to be an Xbox 1 release but I guess it's now been pushed to the
> 360.
> > > Here are some screen shots from the Xbox version.
> > >
> > > http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/kameo/kameo_shot...
> >
> > I haven't been this pumped for a new system since I played the Import
> > version of the PS1.
> > Which I ended up ordering the day I played it for the low low price
> of $800
> > w/ 2 games (Ridge Racer and Toshiden)
>
> You're certainly more pumped than me. I'm a little disappointed with
> the controller design myself. I always liked the bigger Duke and altho
> it was ok that they put two shoulder buttons to replace the b/w
> buttons, I still would have liked to see six face buttons in addition.

AGREE 110%!
I have been wanting a true 6 button layout since Saturn days.

> I'm curious too if the wireless controllers will support rumble and how
> that will affect battery life. I'm also concerned about the video
> camera for use on XBL...I'm not interested in some dude's ass shoved in
> front of the camera after he kills me in Halo 3.

> But I am most impressed with the full HDTV support (all games
> 16:9/1080i).

This is why I am so pumped
1080i with all games!

> I'm sure I will get an Xbox360 some day, I'm just not sold on getting
> it on day one until I actually get confirmation on the launch titles.

BAH, YAH FUDDY DUDDY!
I'm am excited about MS's chances and changes in the next gen of consoles.
I can't wait to see what the new options will be like.
I agree with you on the camera usage. I can definitely do without the
camera.
I will probably only use it with close friends.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:55:31 PM

> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Boody Bandit wrote:
>> > "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > Not a very impressive launch lineup.
>> > I will pick up Halo 3 and PGR3.
>>
>> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
>> at least two sure fire ones.
>
> I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those titles
> or
> titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good
> DOA
> looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE of
> fighting game.

Morrowind was the shiznit, plain and simple. The engulfing RPG I have ever
played. I wasn't going to pick up a launch 360 because I hate Halo and am
not a fan of racing games but any RPG fan on earth should be looking forward
to Oblivion.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:57:25 AM

Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
>understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good DOA
>looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE of a
>fighting game.

Oh, I have faith. DOA3 was better balanced than DOA2, and Ninja
Gaiden more refined than DOA3. (Yes, I know NG wasn't a fighting game.)

--
Lisa: Mom! Dad! Martin died at school today!
Marge: Mmm! I don't see what that has to do with Groundskeeper Willy.

Robert P Holley wrote:
> Beck wrote:
>> Boody Bandit wrote:
>>> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

>>> I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those
>>> titles or titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind
>>> and try to understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in
>>> space how good DOA looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing),
>>> it is an absolute JOKE of a fighting game.
>>
>> From what I *think* I know about Kameo Elements of Fire, it first
>> started out to be a PS2 game. Then it was dropped and moved to
>> being an Xbox 1 game which many stores had set for release this
>> month. But it has slipped and slipped and now is obviously aiming
>> for Xbox360. Its a shame, I have had this on my rental list for
>> ages now.
>
> Kameo is a Rare game so I believe it was originally going to be a GC
> game...then MS bought Rare.

Sorry yes, was meant to be originally Gamecube. Got my consoles mixed up
:-)
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:13:51 AM

Robert P Holley wrote:
> Boody Bandit wrote:
>
>>"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> there
>
>>>and

>>>titles or

> how
>
>>>good DOA

> absolute
>
>>>JOKE of a

>>>I'm no DOA fan either, that's why I said *five* instead of *six*.
>>
> :-)
>
>>OMG ~ EGG ON FACE!
>>I'm so excited about this shinny new offering from MS I forgot how to
>
> count
>
>>8^(
>>

>>>Anyway, Elder Scrolls is the followup to Morrowind. Kameo is a
>>
> Rare
>
>>>project that's been in the works for a while. It was originally
>>
> going
>
>>>to be an Xbox 1 release but I guess it's now been pushed to the
>>
> 360.
>
>>>Here are some screen shots from the Xbox version.
>>>
>>>http://www.rareware.com/games/upcoming/kameo/kameo_shot...
>>
>>I haven't been this pumped for a new system since I played the Import
>>version of the PS1.
>>Which I ended up ordering the day I played it for the low low price
>
> of $800
>
>>w/ 2 games (Ridge Racer and Toshiden)
>

> You're certainly more pumped than me. I'm a little disappointed with
> the controller design myself. I always liked the bigger Duke and altho
> it was ok that they put two shoulder buttons to replace the b/w
> buttons, I still would have liked to see six face buttons in addition.
>
> I'm curious too if the wireless controllers will support rumble and how
> that will affect battery life. I'm also concerned about the video
> camera for use on XBL...I'm not interested in some dude's ass shoved in
> front of the camera after he kills me in Halo 3.

LMFAO!!! Sad part is you KNOW it is going to happen ;)

> But I am most impressed with the full HDTV support (all games
> 16:9/1080i).
>
> I'm sure I will get an Xbox360 some day, I'm just not sold on getting
> it on day one until I actually get confirmation on the launch titles.

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:37:11 AM

Boody Bandit <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those titles or
> titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good DOA
> looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE of a
> fighting game.

Which is why I'm sure more folks will be waiting for DOA:XVB2 - better
eye candy without all the smackdown.
May 14, 2005 9:55:12 AM

Jonah Falcon wrote:
>>I don't get MTV because of my wacked out little town. Did they give
>
> an
>
>>actual launch date for the Xbox 360?
>

> Here, get yourself up to date:
>
> http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/xbox360/
>
> Jonah Falcon

HOLY BEJEEESUS, 3 3.2 cores and DDR3 RAM. TIME FOR SOME KICK ASS
POSSESSION zombie beatings/DVDs @ 1080i! Screw the Media Center Extender
(only I presume) though; very much look forward to that being tweaked
into a "PC" extender. Thank you for the kick ass link, I had no idea the
specs would be that high; I hope its not bullshit.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:11:09 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> >> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
> >> at least two sure fire ones.
> >
> > I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those titles
> > or
> > titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> > understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good
> > DOA
> > looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE
of
> > fighting game.
> >

> Morrowind was the shiznit, plain and simple. The engulfing RPG I have
ever
> played. I wasn't going to pick up a launch 360 because I hate Halo and am
> not a fan of racing games but any RPG fan on earth should be looking
forward
> to Oblivion.

DUDE!,,,,
What about your Fav.... Madden launch day?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:14:42 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> >> You're kidding, right? There are five potential AAA titles there and
> >> at least two sure fire ones.
> >
> > I don't know enough about Kameo or the Elders (never played those titles
> > or
> > titles like them) but PLEASE (seriously, please be kind and try to
> > understand something here) I don't give a flying fart in space how good
> > DOA
> > looks or sounds ( I'm sure it will be amazing), it is an absolute JOKE
of
> > fighting game.
> >

> Morrowind was the shiznit, plain and simple. The engulfing RPG I have
ever
> played. I wasn't going to pick up a launch 360 because I hate Halo and am
> not a fan of racing games but any RPG fan on earth should be looking
forward
> to Oblivion.

My list on launch day in no particular order is:
Quake 4
Ghost Recon 3
PGR 3
Need for Speed