Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good deal?!! dell xps

Last response: in Systems
April 15, 2012 12:33:36 AM

ok so i saw this deal on the internet for a dell xps 8300 + 27 " ultrasharp for only $1,300.

http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/dell-xps-desktop-combo/35...

is it worth the price for such a wonderful screen and an i7 computer.

?

More about : good deal dell xps

April 15, 2012 1:59:21 AM

i know its only the 6770. for my use minimum gaming more video/photo editing and browsing internet. The 27in ultra sharp sells me!
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2012 2:02:05 AM

Dell is not the brand they used to be - I'd say it's not a good deal by any means.
m
l
April 15, 2012 2:26:21 AM

I've got an XPS 8300 and a U3011 and they are nice. I love the monitor and the tower works pretty well for my uses (HTPC).
m
l
April 15, 2012 2:31:51 AM

andrey64 said:
i know its only the 6770. for my use minimum gaming more video/photo editing and browsing internet. The 27in ultra sharp sells me!

You could buy your only if you wanted to for cheaper and better performance with the monitor
m
l
April 15, 2012 2:32:20 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Dell is not the brand they used to be - I'd say it's not a good deal by any means.

So just because they don't make good CPUs or motherboards you're gonna classify one of the best IPS Panel manufacturers as a bad deal?
m
l
April 15, 2012 2:43:40 AM

azeem40 said:
So just because they don't make good CPUs or motherboards you're gonna classify one of the best IPS Panel manufacturers as a bad deal?

Yeah because there is better for cheaper
m
l
April 15, 2012 6:07:43 AM

Name one e-IPS Monitor that is better than a U2312HM then. If you have no idea how Dell IPS Panels work or what features they have, don't comment on them.
m
l
April 15, 2012 6:32:34 AM

azeem40 said:

It has nothing to do with their CPUs or motherboards - they make terrible computers in general. I bought a laptop from them one time and it had a defective pixel out of the box and I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get a replacement because they tried to claim the defective pixel was the result of a UPS shipping error. I am not making this up either.
m
l
April 15, 2012 9:20:08 AM

g-unit1111 said:
It has nothing to do with their CPUs or motherboards - they make terrible computers in general. I bought a laptop from them one time and it had a defective pixel out of the box and I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get a replacement because they tried to claim the defective pixel was the result of a UPS shipping error. I am not making this up either.

i understand some people have bad experiences with some products . not everything can be perfect. as of laptops ive owned the xps 13 and 15 and the 15r and non of them failed me yet(i take care of them well both exterior and interior software) but you cant say dell isn't good anymore based on your single experience.

i have owned dell towers and had bad experiences with them and good. same with hp and etc. these xps desktops are sort of their "top of the line" computers(excluding Alienware, but we can all agree those things are INSANELY overpriced)

For my type of use, an xps 8300(i7 2600, 8gb ram) with a beautiful 27 in e-ips ultrasharp i think is a good setup.

Currently i do have my own computer that i built custom. 2500k, gtx 570, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 256 m4, and all together it ran me appox 900ish. for the price that dell is asking for this combo im getting a HELLA nice and HELLA expensive monitor for basically like 400 bucks(keeping in mind ALL of this is under warranty)
m
l
April 15, 2012 10:52:00 AM

well look at it this way. go build a i3 system with a 27" monitor, it should fit the budget well even with 7750 or lower gpu if you want one. and should be better build than that 1300bucks. I assure you, I have 5 dell pc and one of them is dell studio hybrid, (gaming on that was horrible at least on most games as the older one plays well). their monitors are OK but for my experience I like the quality of samsung monitors better.
m
l
April 19, 2012 6:42:32 AM

Tavo_Nova said:
well look at it this way. go build a i3 system with a 27" monitor, it should fit the budget well even with 7750 or lower gpu if you want one. and should be better build than that 1300bucks. I assure you, I have 5 dell pc and one of them is dell studio hybrid, (gaming on that was horrible at least on most games as the older one plays well). their monitors are OK but for my experience I like the quality of samsung monitors better.

why build an i3 , when i can get an i7?
m
l
April 19, 2012 4:50:08 PM

Tavo_Nova said:

Why would you spend $300+ on a display when you could spend that on the GPU? Or CPU? Or anything else?
m
l
April 20, 2012 6:09:28 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Why would you spend $300+ on a display when you could spend that on the GPU? Or CPU? Or anything else?

have u ever compared a regular lcd monitor with dell ultrasharp e ips monitor? you would be shocked
m
l
April 20, 2012 7:26:27 AM

so you already have a really nice system i5 2500k, 1600mhz ram and gtx 570, and you want to buy that pc.
Why not just buy the monitor and save few hundred bucks, the ram is only 1300mhz with a sata 2 hdd and poor gfx card.
My mate picked up this screen for little over £300 in uk.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=dell%20ultrash...
m
l
!