Status
Not open for further replies.

memeandc

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I have a 1GB radeon 6850. When i open my system information, it shows my card only having 750mb. This is effecting my performance in battlefield 3, as i can no longer run it on high with smooth fps

my other specs (if needed for answer)

AMD athlon II x4 640 overclocked @ 3.4GHz
8gb DDR3 RAM
760GM-p33 motherboard.
500W PSU

GPUZ says i have 1024mb (1gb) but dxdiag says 751.2mb.

Solution
I would trust GPU-Z more than DXDiag. DXDiag has issues with detecting the amount of video RAM your card actually has, it rarely gives an accurate reading. If you are having performance issues, it could be other things. The card could be overheating, causing it to throttle to prevent damage. Your CPU could be overheating, causing reduced performance. If you updated to a new driver revision, it could be the newer drivers don't work well with BF3.
I would trust GPU-Z more than DXDiag. DXDiag has issues with detecting the amount of video RAM your card actually has, it rarely gives an accurate reading. If you are having performance issues, it could be other things. The card could be overheating, causing it to throttle to prevent damage. Your CPU could be overheating, causing reduced performance. If you updated to a new driver revision, it could be the newer drivers don't work well with BF3.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.