Closed

Nokia 6210 security code problem

Last response: in Brands
a b 8 Security
April 21, 2004 2:20:33 PM

Dear all,

I've bought a new mobile phone and I want to give my old Orange Nokia
6210e to my girlfriend who has a really old Virgin mobile. My old phone
was locked to Orange so I unlocked it by following the instructions at:

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct3free.html

When I put the Virgin SIM in, I get asked for a security code. I tried
the numbers I usually use for these sorts of codes and also the Nokia
default of 12345 (which I found via a Google search), but nothing
worked, so I took the phone to my local mobile shop here in the UK <
http://www.daxx.ws/ >. They said that I'd tried to enter the security
code too many times and the phone was now useless and there's nothing I
can do. Is this true?

Cheers,
Ian
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 22, 2004 12:42:21 AM

Ian Sealy wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've bought a new mobile phone and I want to give my old Orange Nokia
>> 6210e to my girlfriend who has a really old Virgin mobile. My old
>> phone was locked to Orange so I unlocked it by following the
>> instructions at:
>>
>> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct3free.html
>>
>> When I put the Virgin SIM in, I get asked for a security code. I
>> tried the numbers I usually use for these sorts of codes and also
>> the Nokia default of 12345 (which I found via a Google search), but
>> nothing worked, so I took the phone to my local mobile shop here in
>> the UK < http://www.daxx.ws/ >. They said that I'd tried to enter
>> the security code too many times and the phone was now useless and
>> there's nothing I can do. Is this true?

Nope, all you need is a dude with a data cable and a copy of logomanager to
read off the security code.

The "too many times then kaput" story is cos the people in the shop confused
it with the DCT4 unlocking codes (another story).

>> Cheers,
>> Ian
April 26, 2004 11:43:28 AM

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:20:33 GMT, Ian Sealy
<ntl-news-nokia@iansealy.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I've bought a new mobile phone and I want to give my old Orange Nokia
>6210e to my girlfriend who has a really old Virgin mobile. My old phone
>was locked to Orange so I unlocked it by following the instructions at:
>
> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/dct3free.html
>
>When I put the Virgin SIM in, I get asked for a security code. I tried
>the numbers I usually use for these sorts of codes and also the Nokia
>default of 12345 (which I found via a Google search), but nothing
>worked, so I took the phone to my local mobile shop here in the UK <
>http://www.daxx.ws/ >. They said that I'd tried to enter the security
>code too many times and the phone was now useless and there's nothing I
>can do. Is this true?
>
>Cheers,
>Ian

It's not the phone that's now useless. You only get so many tries at
entering the SIM security code then you need the PUK from from the
service provider to unlock it again. Contact Virgin Customer Services
and ask them for the PUK code.
!