Error message to MS

Hello. WinXP wants to send an error message to MS when a program crashes. I
don't want this dialogue. How to get rid of it? I know it's possible but
I've forgotten how to.
3 answers Last reply
More about error message

    "JIR" <ea6150@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message
    > Hello. WinXP wants to send an error message to MS when a program crashes.
    > I don't want this dialogue. How to get rid of it? I know it's possible but
    > I've forgotten how to.

    Under System Properties (Control Panel|System, or just Winkey-Break from
    anywhere), Advanced, Error Reporting.

    Type
    send an error
    in Help and look at likely topics. Make sure you look at the Related Topics link on a likely sounding topic for your specific answer..
    http://www.uscricket.com
    "JIR" <ea6150@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message news:cmsh8g$99$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
    > Hello. WinXP wants to send an error message to MS when a program crashes. I
    > don't want this dialogue. How to get rid of it? I know it's possible but
    > I've forgotten how to.

    PS. If there is a known solution it tells you. After sending the report the recieving computer analyses it, and if it knows what caused it sends back a web page link decribing how to fix which you see in a dialog after the sending dialog is finished (if you don't see anything then it doesn't know what caused it).

    Otherwise it's used to generate statistical data on both the causes of the problem (eg, everyone with this problem has same brand sound card) and which ones MS will allocate resources to fix. Resource allocation is based on severity of problem (blue screens are more important than notepad crashing) and the number of people affected.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "JIR" <ea6150@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message news:cmsh8g$99$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
    > Hello. WinXP wants to send an error message to MS when a program crashes. I
    > don't want this dialogue. How to get rid of it? I know it's possible but
    > I've forgotten how to.

Configuration Error Message Customization Windows XP