Crossfire 6970's ??

Ghythybhy

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I got a single "Power Color AMD HD 6970" right now and i'm thinking if crossfiring another 6970 to it is it reasonable?

Does it give me a lot of increase in performance?

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

I hate to sound rude but that statement is absolutely false. A single 6970 cannot do it all. I have many benchmarks bookmarked on my home pc so I will need to wait until I get home to post them here. A single 6970 will get no better than an average 35fps in battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 in ultra with 4xAA. That FPS is not really playable. 6970's scale very high in all games that make use of crossfire which is a lot. Getting another 6970 for crossfire is an excellent idea if you have the budget to buy one and want to play games like bf3 in ultra at 1920x1080.

sunnk

Distinguished

ohh sh** i forget to mention that cf will give better performance but for now single is ok for now what u think that i said him that single card is better then cf no way. :p

sunnk

Distinguished

and i was telling him that an single will be better for now no need to cf because single card can do all the things for now you get it to other way its all about understanding and i tell him there cf later and cf seems better. :kaola: