Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Very low fps in BF3, all settings, everything off...HD5770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2012 9:25:24 AM

i am not able to play even in 1024x768....getting around 14 ~29 fps even in very low, everything off and further low when players spam with RPGs......For so long I thought that its my HD5770 and it cant handle BF3 and its normal (how utterly silly of me), but i recently played COD-BO MP and its lagging and my card used to play it like butter, and then woke up and i started seeing youtube vids of guys with my same HD5770 and lower cpu than me are maxing out at 1080 in BF3 !! Even if my card cant handle it should run at low settings right? but its stuttering at every resolution, every setting and lowering only brings 2 or 3 fps gains...... Please help me, EA guys are useless.

So has my card aged or started getting defects? I bought it in December 2009 (mfg date also Dec 2009). Is it possible that a card can deliver bad performances just after 2 years? Or could it be my psu which has poor reviews and is a cheap china brand : Huntkey 550w Green Power, which i have from the same time i bought the 5770..... But my friend has just now built a system with the same psu and a GTX560 and he can play BF3 really well at 40+ fps...

So does the problem lie with the card or the psu ????????????? Also if the problem is with the card, can i replace it using the warranty? XFX gives lifetime warranty for HD5000 series cards... Where to replace it in chennai ???

(other specs: i5-750 @stock speed, XFX HD5770, 4 GB ddr3 (2x2GB), 1tb 7.2k seagate, Asus p7p55d, win7)

More about : low fps bf3 settings hd5770

February 7, 2012 10:37:06 AM

yes, maybe the PSU, have you tried putting your card on your friend's system and see what happens? If it plays BF3 fine, I am kind of thinking ~80% it's the PSU.
Score
February 7, 2012 10:50:09 AM

may be the psu, with capacitors aging the psu starts to deteriorate, and starts to return less power than before;

this psu is not safe if it really is this one: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/668/10

low efficiency, max of 470w, and exploded when this line was tresspassed, so i recommend you buying another psu (also recommend that to your friend) while the psu didn't suffer from capacitor aging it is ok, but with some time he may suffer with this too;
Score
Related resources
February 8, 2012 3:29:03 AM

refillable said:
yes, maybe the PSU, have you tried putting your card on your friend's system and see what happens? If it plays BF3 fine, I am kind of thinking ~80% it's the PSU.

i tried man .... his gtx560 in my system...and everything works fine, and 560 takes more than my 5770, so its not the psu problem, though it is a low grade one....

and i put my 5770 in his setup and the display comes for few secs and then no signal on the monitor...same when i put it back on my system....? so for sure the card is dead.....and that explains the enormous fps drops for the past month......... have my warranty and gonna get a replacemen today :-)
Score
February 8, 2012 3:29:15 AM

refillable said:

i tried man .... his gtx560 in my system...and everything works fine, and 560 takes more than my 5770, so its not the psu problem, though it is a low grade one....

and i put my 5770 in his setup and the display comes for few secs and then no signal on the monitor...same when i put it back on my system....? so for sure the card is dead.....and that explains the enormous fps drops for the past month......... have my warranty and gonna get a replacemen today :-)
Score
February 8, 2012 3:29:20 AM

refillable said:

Score

Best solution

February 8, 2012 8:36:41 AM

yes if you did this test probabily the 5770 is dead (my brother also had one of these and with his psu he also burned it.

I still telling your, change this psu, or this will happen again. and will happen to your friend too.

*the psu may not be dead but she is the killer*
February 8, 2012 10:30:19 AM

She...? Lol. I don't know it should be used in english or not as a PSU, but again not sure...

Yes Have a RMA, and see what happens. The PSU may have been killing the 5770, so if I were you I will replace it now.
Score
February 9, 2012 11:25:41 AM

Best answer selected by naveenk.
Score
February 9, 2012 11:27:25 AM

@ricardois and refillable: You are right !!! Never thought of it, from that angle.... Was thinking the card is at fault, so if i replace it problem solved....... What if the psu had been damaging the card the whole time.............??? Gonna replace it right away...
Score
February 9, 2012 3:29:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!