Can someone post a nice summary of 360?

Last response: in Video Games
May 13, 2005 10:33:47 AM

Ok I could not watch it.

Can someone tell me :

1. Is 360 going to be backwards compatible?

2. Does it have a built in 802.11? ( I was planning to buy an adapter
for my current xbox, but if the next one has a built in, I will wire it
up for the next few months and save some $$)

3. Any details on the launch games?

More about : post nice summary 360

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:46:00 PM

GameSpy has an excellent preview up.

Jonah Falcon
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:07:05 PM

DNA wrote:

> Ok I could not watch it.

You really didn't miss much, other than a very quick clip of absolutely
amazing Madden and Need For Speed footage. The rest was a huge waste of
time.

> 1. Is 360 going to be backwards compatible?

They still haven't said.

> 2. Does it have a built in 802.11? ( I was planning to buy an adapter
> for my current xbox, but if the next one has a built in, I will wire
> it up for the next few months and save some $$)

They're calling it "Wi-Fi ready" which in English means "adapter sold
separately."

> 3. Any details on the launch games?

I think only Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham Racing 3 are
confirmed launch games so far. Here are some details of games in
development:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-4.html

-Z-
May 13, 2005 3:42:14 PM

Zackman wrote:
> DNA wrote:
>
> > Ok I could not watch it.
>
> You really didn't miss much, other than a very quick clip of
absolutely
> amazing Madden and Need For Speed footage. The rest was a huge waste
of
> time.
>
> > 1. Is 360 going to be backwards compatible?
>
> They still haven't said.
>
> > 2. Does it have a built in 802.11? ( I was planning to buy an
adapter
> > for my current xbox, but if the next one has a built in, I will
wire
> > it up for the next few months and save some $$)
>
> They're calling it "Wi-Fi ready" which in English means "adapter sold

> separately."

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess one of the most important questions has not been answered yet.
Also I expected it to have built in Wi-Fi, very strange for them not to
have it (not so given the fact that people who really want to reduce
the clutter will have to shell out extra $80-$100.)
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:36:53 PM

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok I could not watch it.
>
> Can someone tell me :
>
> 1. Is 360 going to be backwards compatible?
>
> 2. Does it have a built in 802.11? ( I was planning to buy an adapter
> for my current xbox, but if the next one has a built in, I will wire it
> up for the next few months and save some $$)
>
> 3. Any details on the launch games?

May 14, 2005 9:55:23 PM

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok I could not watch it.
>
> Can someone tell me :
>
> 1. Is 360 going to be backwards compatible?
>
> 2. Does it have a built in 802.11? ( I was planning to buy an adapter
> for my current xbox, but if the next one has a built in, I will wire it
> up for the next few months and save some $$)
>
> 3. Any details on the launch games?

Just go to Gamespot http://tinyurl.com/aeo2m they have a great breakdown of
the 360. Nice pictures also.
JLC