Is there an age requirement to sign for a newegg package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianD_123

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I bought a computer and monitor from newegg, totalling $1100. I am not going to be home when it is delivered and was wondering if my 16 year old son could sign off on the packages without any problem. Ups.com says "Signature required. At the request of the sender, UPS will obtain the recipient's signature. The sender will be provided a printed copy and may also view the recipient's signature online."

Thanks.

Solution
OP, I'm sorry people seem to have such an issue tonight. While I've seen this before with really obvious questions this doesn't seem like one of those.

I know you can't ship "adult" material through the mail anymore so I'm guessing anyone can sign for it. In the "olden days" you could ship alcohol and need to have someone 21+ sign for it. But you can't do that, so I'm guessing anyone can. Just have your kid do it, and tell him to act as adult as he can. It should be fine.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Anybody can sign for it. If it is adult signature required, 21 and over is needed. However, regular packages only require a signature of anybody in the household, you can also sign the slip they leave.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Newegg doesn't send stuff adult signature required. Your son can sign for it.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS all have their own standards and requirements. Newegg will ship through one of those. You didn't think they would bring it themselves, did you?

The requirements for receiving the packages can be found on all three of their websites. Do you own work!!! :D

brianD_123

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Evidently you, for asking us instead of your preferred shipper.
Obviously I looked around and found nothing about an age, who do you think you are to be able to come on here an be a complete smartass? Read the post before you go off acting like you're hot stuff. OBVIOUSLY I am aware NEWEGG doesn't ship because I made it CLEAR in my post that UPS was shipping it..

4745454b

Titan
OP, I'm sorry people seem to have such an issue tonight. While I've seen this before with really obvious questions this doesn't seem like one of those.

I know you can't ship "adult" material through the mail anymore so I'm guessing anyone can sign for it. In the "olden days" you could ship alcohol and need to have someone 21+ sign for it. But you can't do that, so I'm guessing anyone can. Just have your kid do it, and tell him to act as adult as he can. It should be fine.

Solution

geotek

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Ive never needed a signature for anything from newegg. Signatures are really stupid anyways, anyone can put down any signature and the ups or fedex guy wont know the difference.

Um? since when? did they pass a law since this morning? Because you could definitely ship alcohol this.morning. and someone 21+ was required to sign. and I know you could ship hazerdous materials like gunpowder this morning....

Be professional. Both of your posts have been rather arrogant and rude.

geotek

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
I agree his tone seems a bit rude and arrogant, but unless posting in this forum is his job he doesnt need to be professional :p.

While his let me Google that for you searches were horrible and didn't answer the question, and he therefore is a smartass, anyone could have Googled the question and seen the 100s of answers from100s of forum questions... So his basic point stands. the OP should have done a 2 second search. and if he wanted a definitive answer asked UPS as no one here is UPS. there's already wrong info in here about shipping "adult" products.

4745454b

Titan
My local UPS store says they can't do it. I know it can be done because wine woot is in business. Perhaps people can't but stores can? At any rate the OP won't have a problem.

I agree as well. I just bought a PSU from newegg and they didn't need a sig. Does he even need to worry about this?

That may be it, or if its not an actual UPS office, but an indepedant store that uses UPS some will refuse "risky" stuff. probably liability. I have had chemicals shipped from eBay though. My guess would be its state law they can't if you tell them its alcohol. Just like wine.Woot can't ship wine to me due to state laws. if you're not stuck in one of those states not sure.

*smack* where do you think Google results come from? People asking questions on forums such as this. :pfff: The results on your cute little script toy shows it.

Now to answer the OPs question like a mature person. Logistics is my field so you're in luck. An adult signiture is not required from any of the major shippers unless its specifically specified that an adult signature is required for receipt of an age-restricted material.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Did you totally ignore my latest comment? Just couldn't resist playing the wise guy, could you?

No, the google result that is relevant is the one leading to the shippers own website.

Again, this isn't an opinion seeking question, but rather, the OP want's someone else to do his digging.

The purpose of my original comment was not to be smart, but to make a statement.

Capture65657.png

It's not that hard.

I think your anger and lashing out at complete strangers for no apparent reason is a result of sexual frustration or possibly mommy issues. I suggest counseling.

Status
Not open for further replies.