Sign in with
Your question

New i5 Build.

Last response: in Systems
April 15, 2012 7:31:06 AM

Hi guys, i've finally came back into the world of PC's and am keen to get together a decent rig.
I have an old rig which is a little outdated, and hardware that isn't working, so i'm looking to create a rig revolving around the previous CPU I have.
The CPU I have is an i5 750 and it works fine.
So bacially i'm looking at getting a new: Motherboard, Power supply, RAM and HDD, oh and some new CPU cooling!
Although, I do have a GTS 250 that I was planning to use, but am open to suggestions whether to upgrade it or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Budget Range: For each component, i'm looking at the mid range of prices. Nothing expensive, nothing really cheap etc..

System Usage: Mainly gaming (WOW, GTA SA) web surfing, lots and lots of data transferring (copy files to hdd's etc).

Parts Not Required: CPU, GPU, Case, DVD Drive, Keyboard, mouse, OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: http://www.pccasegear.com/

Overclocking: Yes.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Monitor Resolution: I used to run my macbook from my 32'LED TV with hdmi, so would be wanting to do that again. My 23' monitor runs 1920 X 1080.

Additional Comments: My last power supply was 550w, and I was pushing it running my GTS 250. I'm hoping to have something bigger allowing me for upgrades in the future.

More about : build

April 15, 2012 7:38:13 AM

Budget?
m
l
April 15, 2012 8:14:26 AM

To be more precise, probably going to say:
MB: $150-200
PSU: $200
RAM: $100-$150
GPU: $100-$200
Cooling: $100
Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2012 8:21:33 AM

pccasegear doesn't carry 1156 boards anymore.
m
l
April 15, 2012 8:25:22 AM

Wow, I didn't know I was that outdated.
Is it worth building again from my current i5?
m
l
!