Windows Default Image Folder

November 10, 2004 12:59:01 PM

Hello, all at once i discovered that when i went to display properties to
change the desktop photo, it took forever for windows to open that particular
tab. Apparently it's because XP decided to set My Documents as the default
images folder, and there are massive amounts of files in there.
How do i change it back to what it's supposed to be?
Thanks

More about : windows default image folder

November 11, 2004 10:48:05 AM

Hi C.J.

After your desktop tab finally opened you should have image files showing
under "Background:"
All of the images in the My Pictures folder (located in My Documents)
should be displayed in addition to a number of .bmp files, some of which are
located in the Windows folder.
The My Pictures folder is the location intended to choose from : go to
start>>Help and Support>>Customizing your computer>>Your desktop>>
Common tasks:D isplay settings>>Choose a desktop background>>Step-by-step
procedure>>The second line under notes reads:>>"You can use a personal
picture as a background. All of your personal pictures located in My Pictures
are listed by name in the Background list."
If in fact the large number of files in My Pictures was the reason the
desktop tab took so long to open you may create another folder to place the
majority of images in. Perhaps someone else may have an easier solution.
good luck,

Dusty

"C.J. Gregory" wrote:

> Hello, all at once i discovered that when i went to display properties to
> change the desktop photo, it took forever for windows to open that particular
> tab. Apparently it's because XP decided to set My Documents as the default
> images folder, and there are massive amounts of files in there.
> How do i change it back to what it's supposed to be?
> Thanks
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 7:39:07 AM

Gregory hi -
i would like to know the answer to your question too
when you get one can you e-mail its answer to me:
cj1@ameritech.net
thanks alot!
--Jeff Brown--

!