Buying a new pc need advice

Corsair Gaming Series 600W Power Supply
Asus M5A88-M 16GB DDR3 AMD Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA Internal Desktop Hard Drive
Transcend 4GB 1333mhz X 3
AMD FX-Series FX 8120 8-Core 3.1 - 3.7 Ghz Processor
eVGA GeForce GTX550 Ti 2048MB GDDR5

Hi guys i need a little advice on buying a budget gaming pc i am new to this things can u plz help me on my config
6 answers Last reply
More about buying advice
  1. If the main use is gaming then getting a faster Phenom II X4 CPU like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727
    And spend the difference on a better GPU like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127616
    Will be a more powerful gaming rig.
  2. rolli59 said:
    If the main use is gaming then getting a faster Phenom II X4 CPU like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727
    And spend the difference on a better GPU like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127616
    Will be a more powerful gaming rig.



    ill take on ur gpu advice but my cpu is far better than phenom II x 4 its the new fx 8120 l2 cache 8mb l3 cache 8 mb and its 8 core black edtion
  3. Quote:
    ill take on ur gpu advice but my cpu is far better than phenom II x 4 its the new fx 8120 l2 cache 8mb l3 cache 8 mb and its 8 core black edtion

    I said for gaming! Which is not Bulldozers best thing take a look at this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
    The new CPU's have impressive specs but are not as good as they sound http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-24.html
  4. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  5. rolli59 said:
    I said for gaming! Which is not Bulldozers best thing take a look at this http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
    The new CPU's have impressive specs but are not as good as they sound http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-24.html


    i cant get u but the cpu specs are higher than a phenom and wat is the equal gpu on amd for gtx 560 ti
  6. Phenom is better than bulldozer for gaming but an I5 will crush either. Get an I5, the cheapest Z68 mobo you can find and a 560ti. Also get 8 gigs of ram.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product