Solved

Help me please im afraid i will break my processor.

Hello,
I have recently gotten my thermaltake frio fan and I go to install it and I take off my old fan and... well the processor is stuck to my old fan, if you can help please do so.

I thought about getting a knife and prying it off ... didn't think that was a good idea....

thanks.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help afraid break processor
  1. Run a stress test on the CPU for a few minutes to loosen up the old paste.
  2. I'm new to processors... how do i do that?

last time this happened ...i smashed the pins >.<
  3. Well, you don't necessarily HAVE to do that, you can just use a hair dryer as well.

But a program like Intel Burn Test would be good for the stress test. Just a few passes should do it.
  4. Ok i will be back if it doesn't work, or i need help. Thanks :) .
  5. Ok I cannot get this thing off.... I have sat there forever holding a hair dryer and it is so hot I can't touch it but I forced myself and it won't budge.... I'm thinking of Mr. Plyers ehheeheh.

any ideas ?

i even poked it with some tweasers ( if im spelling that right >.<) and it wouldn't move... :(
  6. Best answer
    Well, I guess give IBT a try then. http://majorgeeks.com/IntelBurnTest_d5987.html

5 passes on High should get it plenty warm enough. After that, just twist a bit (after shutting down, of course) and it should dislodge.
  7. ok...ugggggg I'll have to wait a while for it to get cooler after heating it so much, i'll give it a try and come back if it doesn't work.
  8. Best answer selected by 8connor98.
  9. It worked(the hair dryer) haha i walked in my bathroom where i was heating it an twisted it like you said and plop right off. Thankyou!!!
  10. Awesome! Glad that worked after all, and you're welcome. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan Processors Thermaltake