[Homebuilt] Sorry to bother, but advice on cheap MB and RAM

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I've been looking to upgrade my motherboard so in the future I can put an FX processor in it. The ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS seems interesting because it can support the FX processor and it really doesn't cost that much money. I guess I should max out the ram also, but I guess the 8 gigs it supports will be enough for me so I don't need an MB with more DIMM slots. I just do video editing (or some type of encoding), some gaming, internet browsing and such on my system right now. I currently have an AMD Athlon II X3 450 that I plan on using in this MB till I upgrade the CPU. I just want to know what is the best/bang for buck AM3+ MB (micro ATX) with 8 gigs of RAM (running at 1600) I can get for $125?

The budget could be higher since I have the cash right now, but I have to put my foot down on it because I want to make some upgrades to my car.... That type of thinking might hurt me in the end but I have to stick with that number.

Here is the link to that MB I mentioned.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131795&Tpk=M5A78L-M%20LX%20PLUS

Tigerdirect and Newegg are my preferred sites. Thanks for any help in advanced! :bounce: