How to install 200mm fan in Coolermaster Haf 912

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

The screws that work for the 200mm fan should have come with the case, in this picture you can see everything that comes with the 912.
912accesorrieskitbig__77047_zoom.jpg

The black screws on the left include some medium length and 4 long screws, the long ones are the ones you will...
Where are you having trouble installing the fan , in the front or the top of the case?
The top position should be easy since all you have to do is hold the fan on the inside of the case and the screws are put in from the outside on the top so that they go through the holes in the case and screw into the fan.
The front should be similar with the fan on the inside and the screws being inserted from the outside and screwed into the fan.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
The 912 comes with a set of 4 long black screws and 8 medium length black screws, the 4 long ones are meant to mount the CM 200mm Megaflow fan to the front of the case. Barring those screws zip ties work perfectly as an alternative. Installing one in the top uses the the normal fan screws.

The front fan is installed between the the very front of the case and the bezel btw.
Like in the picture below(but with the 200mm fan)
cooler_master_haf_912_023.jpg

toothpick82

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
thanks for the responses. I'm having trouble with the front fan. The black screws aren't long enough to go through and the screws that come with the fan are too big for the case holes. As for now I used some of the extra scows that were long screwed them in from the back and let the fan hang on them. It really isn't that sturdy but for now its working. The zip tie idea does sound like it would work

I have the Cooler Master HAF-X which is a full tower so it may be a little different , the front fan on my case is inside in between the hard drive rack and the front frame of the case. In that position the fan would be screwed from the outside and hrough the holes of the case frme into the fan.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

The screws that work for the 200mm fan should have come with the case, in this picture you can see everything that comes with the 912.
912accesorrieskitbig__77047_zoom.jpg

The black screws on the left include some medium length and 4 long screws, the long ones are the ones you will need. If for some reason you don't have them, then zip ties will be your only solution. And trust me, if you install with the zip ties, it will work fine, that's how I installed mine, I found the long screws AFTER I had already used the zip ties.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.