Bluetooth and the Nokia 6600 software

Last response: in Brands
April 21, 2004 11:56:19 PM

Hiya.

Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia Data
suite using Bluetooth??

I'm running XP Pro and have the latest version of the Data Suite.

My Bluetooth doggle runs okay with XTNDConnect Blue Manager and I can load /
unload file using this connection however whever I try to connect using the
sever thing it tells me that the media isn't supported.

I want to be able to manage the contacts and phone, SIM and memery card from
the PC so if I can't get the Nokia Data Suite to work then any suggestions
for another software package would be great!

Thanks
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 10:32:14 AM

Hi,
I tried several times to connect the phone to xp. Some time it works some
not.
Try this: delete all founded units on the phone. Switch off, then on -
should works (some times ;-) ). Till now I did found the really reason when
it works when not.
My doggle works with other unist (Jabara200) without any problems.

With the Nokia Suite you can't edit the phone book and access the SIM. You
can back-up the phone (total), transfer pictures und manage the connections.

--

Gruß
Andreas

"Tef" <Pleasedont@email.me> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hiya.
>
> Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia Data
> suite using Bluetooth??
>
> I'm running XP Pro and have the latest version of the Data Suite.
>
> My Bluetooth doggle runs okay with XTNDConnect Blue Manager and I can load
/
> unload file using this connection however whever I try to connect using
the
> sever thing it tells me that the media isn't supported.
>

> I want to be able to manage the contacts and phone, SIM and memery card
from
> the PC so if I can't get the Nokia Data Suite to work then any suggestions
> for another software package would be great!
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 2:50:57 PM

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:56:19 +0000 (UTC), Tef wrote:

> Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia Data
> suite using Bluetooth??

I had the same problems. With these instructions I got it to work:

http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/

Peter
Related resources
April 26, 2004 6:51:39 AM

im having the same prob withe the software,it works onk with the blue tooth
software,but the nokia software does not want to no
"Peter Doering" <nospam@doering.org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:56:19 +0000 (UTC), Tef wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia
Data
> > suite using Bluetooth??
>
> I had the same problems. With these instructions I got it to work:
>
> http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/
>
> Peter
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:32:01 PM

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:51:39 +0000 (UTC), paul wrote:

> "Peter Doering" <nospam@doering.org> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:56:19 +0000 (UTC), Tef wrote:
>>
>> http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/

> im having the same prob withe the software,it works onk with the blue tooth
> software,but the nokia software does not want to no

You may have to re-install from scratch, i.e. uninstall BT and PC-Suite,
re-install BT and then follow the instructions of the link.

That's at least what I had to do.

Peter
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 7:28:52 AM

"Tef" <Pleasedont@email.me> wrote in message news:<c66jl3$kui$1@hercules.btinternet.com>...

> Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia Data
> suite using Bluetooth??
>
> I'm running XP Pro and have the latest version of the Data Suite.
>
> My Bluetooth doggle runs okay with XTNDConnect Blue Manager and I can load /
> unload file using this connection however whever I try to connect using the
> sever thing it tells me that the media isn't supported.

Unfortunately, bluetooth ports, based on drivers from Extended Systems
have their own phone management program XTNDConnect and are
incompatible with any phone synchronization software from the
third-party manufacturers.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 6:02:43 PM

So what do you suggest?

"Oxygen Software" <support@opm-2.com> wrote in message
> "Tef" <Pleasedont@email.me> wrote in message
>
> > Can anyone help me work out why I can't connect my phone to the Nokia
Data
> > suite using Bluetooth??
> >
> > I'm running XP Pro and have the latest version of the Data Suite.
> >
> > My Bluetooth doggle runs okay with XTNDConnect Blue Manager and I can
load /
> > unload file using this connection however whever I try to connect using
the
> > sever thing it tells me that the media isn't supported.
> >

> Unfortunately, bluetooth ports, based on drivers from Extended Systems
> have their own phone management program XTNDConnect and are
> incompatible with any phone synchronization software from the
> third-party manufacturers.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 7:05:22 PM

I got the same problems with a 6820, PC Suite and Bluetooth. The problem
is clearly in the PC Suite software, although Nokia denies that.

Sometimes I can solve my connection problem in the following way (this
maybe some help for you or not):

1) Close Nokia PC suite.
2) In my bluetooth places select the phone, unpair it and then pair it again
with the phone.
3) Restart Nokia PC suite. Select Nokia PC sync. If it crashes, just start
it again. Then close it again. Now you have a PC sync icon in the taskbar.
4) Right-click on this icon and select Phone Selector... Then select your
phone (if it's there, if not, re-install PC Suite and try again) and click
OK.
5) Now you can synchronize or perform any other PC suite function (except
downloading todo items, in which case it always complains the phone memory
is full, even if it's empty, and breaks the connection).

This is how it works for me, as you can see this is awfull and I am still
very mad at Nokia they don't care. Not one single reaction on my complaints
and no help from their helpdesk at all.

Some history: Connect to PC Suite 5.65: impossible. PC-suite 5.7: better.
PC suite 6.0: worse (though much friendlier interface).
Re-install and it works as long as I stay within the 10m BT range, after that
it just crashes, or PC suite can't find the phone or just disconnects
during data transfer.

Contacted helpdesk: they always react with: please re-install your s/w, but
don't know anything about any problem. Or tell me to contact Nokia development.
Nokia development: please contect the helpdesk.
The worst is they just ignore the problems and say their software is
fine (maybe it is, sometimes, for some people). But BT connection software
is really very immature. They clearly don't maintain the BT connection state
in a proper way. And they don't test properly (I think only in their own lab,
not with real users).

Didn't expect that from a company like Nokia, and didn't expect this kind of
shitty service at all! They make great phones, but unreliable software, and
very disappointed users!

Good luck, Paul.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:32:01 +0200, Peter Doering <nospam@doering.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 02:51:39 +0000 (UTC), paul wrote:
>>
>> "Peter Doering" <nospam@doering.org> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:56:19 +0000 (UTC), Tef wrote:
>>>
>>> http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/
>
>> im having the same prob withe the software,it works onk with the blue tooth
>> software,but the nokia software does not want to no
>
>You may have to re-install from scratch, i.e. uninstall BT and PC-Suite,
>re-install BT and then follow the instructions of the link.
>
>That's at least what I had to do.
>
>Peter

Paul van Rossem, Van Rossem TimeWare
Tempellaan 18, 3721 VH Bilthoven