Programming Window Events?

Is it possible to not allow certain programs to run programmically. I have
the old problem at times people playing solitaire when they arent allowed
to. So, I was thinking is it possible to write some code? Such as: If time
is less than 8am, then allow sol.exe to run, else do not not allow sol.exe
to run.

TIA

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about programming window events

    There may be some third party software that can do this, I don't know for
    sure. Of course, the foolproof way to keep people from goofing off at work
    is to fire them for doing so. A less draconian approach would be to
    uninstall the games from the computers.

    "Squid" <hhey2@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to not allow certain programs to run programmically. I
    have
    > the old problem at times people playing solitaire when they arent allowed
    > to. So, I was thinking is it possible to write some code? Such as: If
    time
    > is less than 8am, then allow sol.exe to run, else do not not allow sol.exe
    > to run.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mike

    uninstalling was the first thought. I had some other thoughts using events
    for other applications in addition to controlling game play.

    Thanks

    "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There may be some third party software that can do this, I don't know for
    > sure. Of course, the foolproof way to keep people from goofing off at
    > work
    > is to fire them for doing so. A less draconian approach would be to
    > uninstall the games from the computers.
    >
    > "Squid" <hhey2@lycos.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to not allow certain programs to run programmically. I
    > have
    >> the old problem at times people playing solitaire when they arent allowed
    >> to. So, I was thinking is it possible to write some code? Such as: If
    > time
    >> is less than 8am, then allow sol.exe to run, else do not not allow
    >> sol.exe
    >> to run.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Mike

Configuration Programming Events Customization Windows XP