Need help with CPU Temp

pandaman23

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
hey guys,

I have the fx-8150 on an asus sabertooth 990fx, my cpu idles at around 33c and 59-60c under load such as battlefield 3, are these ok temps or should i consider getting an after market cpu cooler?

Much appreciated,
Pandaman

Solution
if u dont intend on overclocking then maybe stay with ur stock cooler for now but would suggest u getting one in the future just to bring the temps down a little

pandaman23

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
thanks for the quick reply guys, Im not over clocking right now but i have noticed that it goes into turbo boost whenever im playing bf3, but always stays at 58-60c with an ambient temperature of 80F in my room, the thing is im on a budget crunch for this build and was hoping to possibly use the after market cooler money on possibly getting a better gpu and keeping the stock cooler. what do you guys think go for a cooler or is stock good enough and get a better gpu. currently I have an 8800gts :(

pandaman23

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Hmmm alright i'll go with a cpu cooler, well i was looking at the sapphire 7870 oc edition, but i actually ran into one problem with the cpu cooler, I have corsair Vengeance Ram 2x4gb with the high heatsinks and I was reading around and many people say the 212 will fit other say it doesn't, so im kind of stumped :(, but since the 212 is around $25 I don't mind stretching the budget to get one. Just worried about it fitting now.

Also my case is a Xcilo windtunnel full tower which im pretty sure can fit the height of the 212 but im not sure if my ram will let me squeeze it in, MOBO: ASUS sabertooth 990fx

any suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks,
Pandaman23

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CORE TEMP 1.0 vs. ASUS AI Suite II--------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to download Core temp 1.0 and run it, I played bf3 for about 50 min and the max temp that was shown on Core temp said 53c but on my AI Suite II it says 58c?
is my AI suite giving me wrong temps under load possibly?
or is core temp wrong?

it stayed at a solid 53c under the load of BF3 on Core temp and a solid 58c underload on AI Suite so very confused :??: :??:

TEmps.jpg

Sorry the image is a little small but it says in the AI Suite 58c and on Core Temp it says 53c solid on both didn't change at all for the 40 min of game play

Thanks,
Pandaman

stew198269

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
sry i thought u was using core temp 53c sounds better tho. as for ya ram and heat spreaders the hyper 212 covers the first dimm slot so with u having 2x4gb use the outter dimm slots and ull be fine.