Sign in with
Your question

Heaven DX11 selecting diffrent video card for benchmark

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2012 9:20:08 PM

Any advice how what to do if in Heaven DX11 if want to select different video card for benchmark ? I have I7 2600K, Z68 motherboard and GTX570 graphic card. But when I'm running Heaven DX in rusults it shows that it was done with intel integrated graphic. I know that it is built in one in to CPU. On other games and test everything is fine they run and shows results for GTX570.
a c 305 U Graphics card
February 8, 2012 2:05:45 AM

That's strange. Go into your BIOS at bootup and set the PCIe card as the initial display. Sometimes it will be refered to as PEG (Pci Express Graphics). Save and exit.
m
l
February 8, 2012 5:50:43 AM

I have done that still same issue. So Heaven DX11 has no setting to change it manually is it ?
m
l
Related resources
a c 305 U Graphics card
February 8, 2012 2:01:12 PM

I haven't seen any setting in the menus. There may be a setting in the unigine.xml file, but taking a quit look I didn't see one. Unless you have a video cable plugged into the integrated port, it can't be using the on-board. It has to be using the graphic system the monitor is connected to... the system Windows is using. Are your results poor? The on-board video would be practically a slide-show framerate compared to the GTX 570. If you have decent results, the GTX 570 is being used.

Can you provide a screenshot of the results window that gives you the false report?
m
l
a c 124 U Graphics card
February 8, 2012 2:20:16 PM

Check your GPU usage. Chances are it is running on the 570, but for whatever reason is selecting the IGP as your GPU to display. I get the same issue where it runs on my CF 5850s but shows I have a GT 240. Which is kind of hilarious. This happens in 3DMark as well.
m
l
!