Radeon 6750- No taskbar or icons

xexon

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
The Visiontek card worked fine on 64 bit XP. But when I switched to 64 bit Win 7... it boots normally, nice clean desktop background, but no taskbar or icons at all. Everthing seems okay otherwise. And I'm running the 64 bit drivers.

The mouse appears only after I hit esc. I can right click and change resolution, etc, but it has no effect on the problem itself.

I'm currently using my weaker PNY card to limp along with. It installed without a hitch. Using a Samsung LCD monitor.

Got no response from ATI/AMD.

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello, are you using HDMI Output to an HD TV/Monitor? If so the task bar may be cut off due to your GPU not interlacing the Video correctly and your HDTV/Monitor needs it to be interlaced.

rkspeck33

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I am using a DVI connection and having the same issue.

When I load Windows 7 I am fine, however when I update the drivers using the Disk, it reboots, loads windows and All I see is the Desktop with no task bar or Icons.....

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
If the edges of your screen are cut off try going into CCC and look around for De-interlacing or run the "Display optimization wizard". For Geforce series there is a setting that allows you to define the area of what is shown on the screen. Not sure about the ATI Equivalent.

@rkspeck33 Recommend you create a new post by clicking the red button ontop that says "Ask the community"