Install question......

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2005 4:50:58 AM

Going to re install from scratch to see if it helps the brutal lag problem i
am having with Desert Combat.
So, i am assuming all i need to do is install bf1942 from disk, then do
latest 1.6 update. Then for DC, i need DC7, and then dc final, and that
should be all?
Or am i missing an update along the way that i should also do?

Thanks in advance

Tylor

More about : install question

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 12:13:48 PM

"TylorB" <sol@rosenburg.ca> wrote in message
> Going to re install from scratch to see if it helps the brutal lag problem
> i am having with Desert Combat.
> So, i am assuming all i need to do is install bf1942 from disk, then do
> latest 1.6 update. Then for DC, i need DC7, and then dc final, and that
> should be all?
> Or am i missing an update along the way that i should also do?

Thats about right, dont forget 1.6b too.

But did you try just doing a PB update using PBWEB first?

L.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 12:23:39 PM

> But did you try just doing a PB update using PBWEB first?
>
> L.

Yeah, it didnt work, i had to go copy the files needed to update PB.
The clean install worked, although there are a couple servers that i still
cant get in.
who knows why.
The game does run way smoother for me now.

Tylor
!