BlackBerry 7100g

I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy with
a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do it
before I upgrade?
7 answers Last reply
More about blackberry 7100g

    I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked it
    up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
    and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.

    "ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
    >with
    > a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
    > typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
    > keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
    > info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
    > it
    > before I upgrade?

    OK - so that allows you to scroll char to char - not just up and down? I
    went to a couple store yesterday to lay my hands on one to figure it out
    before I bought one - but none were in stock where I went.

    "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
    > I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
    it
    > up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
    > and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
    >
    > "ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
    > >with
    > > a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
    are
    > > typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
    > > keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
    any
    > > info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
    > > it
    > > before I upgrade?

    I know he was asking about writing messages, but if you are reading a
    long e-mail, you can use the 3 key to move up a page, and the 9 key to
    move down a page. Also in the messages list, 1 moves you all the way
    to the top, 9 all the way to the bottom.

    These tips alone cut down my usage of the thumbwheel considerably on my
    7100g.

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:15:14 -0400, "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote:

    >I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked it
    >up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
    >and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
    >
    >"ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
    >>with
    >> a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
    >> typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
    >> keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
    >> info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
    >> it
    >> before I upgrade?

    <nit-pick mode on>
    It's actually the "symbol" key instead of the shift key, but it does
    allow you to scroll through whatever you;re doing and edit it...

    <and off>
    :)

    Yes. Use the wheel to scroll to the line you need then hold the shift key
    down plus the wheel to move along that line. Of course, it also wraps to
    the line before/after but if you have several lines its quicker to jump to
    the line you want first without using the shift.

    > OK - so that allows you to scroll char to char - not just up and down? I
    > went to a couple store yesterday to lay my hands on one to figure it out
    > before I bought one - but none were in stock where I went.
    >
    > "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
    > it
    >> up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
    >> and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
    >>
    >> "ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
    >> >with
    >> > a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
    > are
    >> > typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
    >> > keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
    > any
    >> > info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to
    >> > do
    >> > it
    >> > before I upgrade?

    DOH! You're right, sorry about that.

    "IcUrdazedandconfused" <IcUrdazed@confused.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:15:14 -0400, "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
    >>it
    >>up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
    >>and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
    >>
    >>"ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
    >>>with
    >>> a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
    >>> are
    >>> typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
    >>> keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
    >>> any
    >>> info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
    >>> it
    >>> before I upgrade?
    >>>

    > <nit-pick mode on>
    > It's actually the "symbol" key instead of the shift key, but it does
    > allow you to scroll through whatever you;re doing and edit it...
    >
    > <and off>
    > :)

    Cool! I've been wondering about that.

    "Bob" <shmget@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I know he was asking about writing messages, but if you are reading a
    > long e-mail, you can use the 3 key to move up a page, and the 9 key to
    > move down a page. Also in the messages list, 1 moves you all the way
    > to the top, 9 all the way to the bottom.
    >
    > These tips alone cut down my usage of the thumbwheel considerably on my
    > 7100g.

Cingular BlackBerry Internet Service Providers