BlackBerry 7100g

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 23, 2005 2:03:30 PM

I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy with
a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do it
before I upgrade?

More about : blackberry 7100g

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:15:14 PM

I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked it
up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.

"ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
>with
> a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
> typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
> keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
> info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
> it
> before I upgrade?

July 24, 2005 3:36:15 PM

OK - so that allows you to scroll char to char - not just up and down? I
went to a couple store yesterday to lay my hands on one to figure it out
before I bought one - but none were in stock where I went.

"Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
> I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
it
> up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
> and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
>
> "ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
> >with
> > a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
are
> > typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
> > keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
any
> > info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
> > it
> > before I upgrade?

Related resources
July 24, 2005 11:48:36 PM

I know he was asking about writing messages, but if you are reading a
long e-mail, you can use the 3 key to move up a page, and the 9 key to
move down a page. Also in the messages list, 1 moves you all the way
to the top, 9 all the way to the bottom.

These tips alone cut down my usage of the thumbwheel considerably on my
7100g.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:47:48 AM

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:15:14 -0400, "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote:

>I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked it
>up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
>and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
>
>"ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
>>with
>> a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you are
>> typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
>> keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find any
>> info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
>> it
>> before I upgrade?

<nit-pick mode on>
It's actually the "symbol" key instead of the shift key, but it does
allow you to scroll through whatever you;re doing and edit it...

<and off>
:)
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:18:03 AM

Yes. Use the wheel to scroll to the line you need then hold the shift key
down plus the wheel to move along that line. Of course, it also wraps to
the line before/after but if you have several lines its quicker to jump to
the line you want first without using the shift.

> OK - so that allows you to scroll char to char - not just up and down? I
> went to a couple store yesterday to lay my hands on one to figure it out
> before I bought one - but none were in stock where I went.
>
> "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
>> I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
> it
>> up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
>> and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
>>
>> "ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
>> >with
>> > a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
> are
>> > typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
>> > keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
> any
>> > info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to
>> > do
>> > it
>> > before I upgrade?

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:18:48 AM

DOH! You're right, sorry about that.

"IcUrdazedandconfused" <IcUrdazed@confused.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:15:14 -0400, "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a 7100g and I accidentally figured it out (although I never looked
>>it
>>up in the manual either). You hold the shift key and use the thumb wheel
>>and you can move around. I think this works on other models as well.
>>
>>"ME" <mjegan_1@nodamnspam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I have an older Blackberry and am looking to upgrade. I talked to a guy
>>>with
>>> a 7100g and he said that you cannot arrow around in a meesage that you
>>> are
>>> typing to correct errors becuase there are now arrow keys on the 7100
>>> keypad - like there are on the older blackberries. I also canot find
>>> any
>>> info on arrowing around in the online manual. Anyone know of a way to do
>>> it
>>> before I upgrade?
>>>

> <nit-pick mode on>
> It's actually the "symbol" key instead of the shift key, but it does
> allow you to scroll through whatever you;re doing and edit it...
>
> <and off>
> :)
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 3:19:39 AM