Need a Decent Computer

Hey, I am not too sure if this is the thread i should be posting on, But..
I dont have alot of cash to spend on a desktop, i cannot build one even though i would love too.
my budget is around 70-80ish USD.
I need this to be able to play decent games, the desktop does not need a video card as i have a brand new Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 640 Megabytes.
I was looking at a HP DX2200MT Tower, or a Dell Optiplex gx280 mini tower, or a gx620 mini tower.
all three of those computers have a PCI-X16, which is what my video card needs.
I keep on hearing that these computers are not good for gaming, but for my budget why not? i am running a dell optiplex gx520 desktop tower, ( Half height tower ) with P4 HT 2.8 GHZ,1gb DDR2 667 MHZ,220 watt PSU, intergraded intel graphics 82945G chipset. and I can run world of warcraft on lowest settings very very nice, only cant go into two places in the entire game or my hard drive crashes. I would like to play the new star wars MMO. and they dont like intel GPUs.
thanks for any help posted in this thread, i am welcome to any and all answers and questions.

one other thing, i cannot upgrade this computer i am running due to i would need a low profile half height video card that runs PCI bus. and those cards are expensive, 70+ then i would need a new PSU and thats 30+ right there. so that is out of the question .

3 answers Last reply
More about need decent computer
  1. I'll bet your 8800gts wont fit in those mini tower systems, and the power supply that comes with them wont run the card either
  2. With that low of a budget, it's not likely you will be able to do much. However, i looked some of the models up and you're already over the budget you listed for USED parts.
    the first link, i could get a small sized hard drive for very little on ebay. and the video card, the 8800 gts i own, no need to buy it, but they are on ebay used for around 30-40 with shipping.
    and the dell optiplex gx280 mini tower series , somtime's you can find them cheap on ebay, but they go quickly. auction or buy it now, past very i've seen under 50 USD, sold within a few days of being listed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems