Eyefinity Setup - Going Nuts Please Help

Hello All,

I want to make sure that I have the setup for Eyefinity correct.

Crossfire Sapphire Radeon HD 7970s

3 Viewsonic 24 inch Vx2453 led monitors, each as 2 x HDMI and 1 x VGA

Planned Setup.....

Monitor 1: GPU 1 to HDMI
Monitor 2: GPU 2 to HDMI
Monitor 3: GPU 2 to Accell Mini Display port active DVI adapter ----> DVI cable -------> DVI to HDMI adapter ------> Monitor 3 HDMI port

Will this setup work?

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about eyefinity setup nuts help
  1. All the monitors run on the first GPU. Don't have any plugged into the second. Second just is there to help when more power is needed.
  2. Okay.

Not sure how to setup the cables with the monitors that have 2 hdmi and 1 vga with no dvi.

Will this setup work?

Monitor 1- GPU HDMI to Monitor HDMI,
    Monitor 2- GPU DVI to DVI Cable to DVI to HDMI Adapter for Montior,
    Monitor 3- Active Mini Displayport to DVI Adapter to DVI cable to DVD to HDMI Adapter for Monitor

I am new at this and any help is appreciated.
  3. What is your model of 7970? Can you post a link.

As long as they are all connected to one card it will work. Then you just have to configure the settings.
  4. Both cards are Sapphire Radeon HD 7970s. www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1157&pid=1443&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

I returned the Viewsonic monitors and went with 3 of these instead with 3 Asus VW246h monitors that have both HDMI and DVI.

From what I understand the Sapphire cards come with Active MiniDispalyport to DVI adapters that I can use.

I am planning to go DVI out on the card to DVI on Monitor 1, then use the first MiniDisplayport to DVI adapter to connect monitor 2 via DVI and repeat for Monitor 3.
  5. everything(i hope)you need to do eyfinity is here.even what hardware

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/Pages/eyefinity.aspx
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs DVI Monitors HDMI Graphics