Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity Setup - Going Nuts Please Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 8, 2012 2:06:46 AM

Hello All,

I want to make sure that I have the setup for Eyefinity correct.

Crossfire Sapphire Radeon HD 7970s

3 Viewsonic 24 inch Vx2453 led monitors, each as 2 x HDMI and 1 x VGA

Planned Setup.....

Monitor 1: GPU 1 to HDMI
Monitor 2: GPU 2 to HDMI
Monitor 3: GPU 2 to Accell Mini Display port active DVI adapter ----> DVI cable -------> DVI to HDMI adapter ------> Monitor 3 HDMI port

Will this setup work?

Thanks!

More about : eyefinity setup nuts

February 8, 2012 2:32:23 AM

All the monitors run on the first GPU. Don't have any plugged into the second. Second just is there to help when more power is needed.
m
l
February 8, 2012 2:44:29 AM

Okay.

Not sure how to setup the cables with the monitors that have 2 hdmi and 1 vga with no dvi.

Will this setup work?

Monitor 1- GPU HDMI to Monitor HDMI,
Monitor 2- GPU DVI to DVI Cable to DVI to HDMI Adapter for Montior,
Monitor 3- Active Mini Displayport to DVI Adapter to DVI cable to DVD to HDMI Adapter for Monitor

I am new at this and any help is appreciated.
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2012 8:37:55 PM

What is your model of 7970? Can you post a link.

As long as they are all connected to one card it will work. Then you just have to configure the settings.
m
l
February 9, 2012 3:52:34 AM

Both cards are Sapphire Radeon HD 7970s. www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&...

I returned the Viewsonic monitors and went with 3 of these instead with 3 Asus VW246h monitors that have both HDMI and DVI.

From what I understand the Sapphire cards come with Active MiniDispalyport to DVI adapters that I can use.

I am planning to go DVI out on the card to DVI on Monitor 1, then use the first MiniDisplayport to DVI adapter to connect monitor 2 via DVI and repeat for Monitor 3.

m
l
!