What should be temp of 1st gpu in SLI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 8, 2012 4:32:36 AM

Hi there!!
i am using Evga GTX460 SSC+ in first slot and MSI GTX460 Hawk(Talon Attack) in the second slot for SLI. i want to know that what should be the normal an max temprature of gpu in the first slot??
GPU in 1st Slot is EVGA GTX 460 SSC+(with single fan)
Normal temp= 39degree, Max temp=75 to 80degree

GPU in 2nd Slot is MSI GTX 460 Hawk(talon attack)(with two fans)
Normal temp= 27degree, Max temp=50 to 55degree

More about : temp 1st gpu sli

February 8, 2012 5:19:03 AM

Those temperatures are fine, perfectly in acceptable ranges.
0
February 8, 2012 5:22:31 AM

I want to add that my CPU case is CM Storm Enforcer!!
0
February 8, 2012 5:27:58 AM

thanx for the response mat! actually before installing the MSI Hawk with my EVGA gpu, the temprature of EVGA GTX460 SSC+ was,
mormal=30degrees and at load=70 to 75degrees.
but when i installed the MSI GTX460 for sli'ing it. the EVGA's tepmrature incresed about 10degrees. may be it is because the second gpu is very closed to the fan of Evga GTX460.
RIGHT?
0
a b Î Nvidia
February 8, 2012 5:34:02 AM

Yes.
0
February 8, 2012 6:02:17 AM

put the "Cooler" one on top , if the HAWK performs Cooler ( without SLi ) then change their place , that's what i did with my 6870's , one is a Reference Saphire board , and the other , HAWK .
since the HAWK is to run cooler that the other , i put it on TOP , and i easily reach 83~85 , e bottom one runs 10 deg cooler . so no worries
0
February 8, 2012 6:51:00 AM

If you are able to take away the middle HDD cage then by all means take it away to allow airflow from front fan to take full advantage, that way it'll be cooler.
If you can't remove the HDD cage (many HDDs) then you can tie another fan after the HDD cage to draw more cooler air to the graphics card.
0
February 8, 2012 7:09:23 AM

thanx for reply! i have asked the EVGA technical support for this temp. i ll update u guys with their reply soon
0
February 8, 2012 7:18:51 AM

EVGA Response to this thread!!!!!!!

From: supportEU@evga.com
To: architectadnan01@hotmail.com
Subject: what should be temp of EVGA GTX460 ssc+ in SLI???
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 00:49:55 -0800

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.
My name is Nicolas Mijuskovic and I will be answering your question today.

Answer:

Hi, This can be normal. Typically the first card runs a little hotter and then it also gets the heat from the lower card. You can try switching the cards around to test this. The cards can take up to 100C and I would be worried until it gets to 90C. Regards, Nick

Question:

Hi there!!
i am using Evga GTX460 SSC+ in first slot and MSI GTX460 Hawk(Talon Attack) in the second slot for SLI. i want to know that what should be the normal an max temprature of gpu in the first slot??
GPU in 1st Slot is EVGA GTX 460 SSC+(with single fan)
Normal temp= 39degree, Max temp=75 to 80degree

GPU in 2nd Slot is MSI GTX 460 Hawk(talon attack)(with two fans)
Normal temp= 27degree, Max temp=50 to 55degree

Both are working f9. my CPU case is CM storm Enforces!!

If you are unhappy with my performance please forward this email to my director with your comments; Joe Darwin jdarwin@evga.com

Regards,

EVGA.
0
February 9, 2012 3:04:36 AM

adnanaadi said:
EVGA Response to this thread!!!!!!!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.
My name is Nicolas Mijuskovic and I will be answering your question today.

Answer:

Hi, This can be normal. Typically the first card runs a little hotter and then it also gets the heat from the lower card. You can try switching the cards around to test this. The cards can take up to 100C and I would be worried until it gets to 90C. Regards, Nick

Perfectly fine answer. I would advice the same.
0