What would have the biggest impact? SSD - Processor - GPU

TCSybert

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Im not sure if this is the right area, and if it is not I truly apologize and request it be moved to the right area. To get to my question. I bout an Alienwere. Its by no means way out of date, but I would like to upgrade it a bit.

Specs
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

I was thinking of getting a SSD for Windows seven. I then planned on upgrading to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. I then started thinking maybe a new processor would give me more bang for mu buck. So in your opinion what would be the biggest upgrade. If its not one of these three please let me know.

I really appreciate any help I receive.
Travis
PS - If there is any info you could use that I missed please let me know =)

4745454b

Titan
As already mentioned you didn't tell us what you were looking to make better so we have no idea. If you want to play video games, then you need something better then the GT240.

And because I'm sure someone will mention it eventually you have the wrong ram amount for your CPU. Should have either 6 or 12GBs, not 8GBs. Not a huge thing however.

wildwestgoh

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
I think you no need to tell us all the CPU information, Core i7 920 will do.
You might need to give more detail such as your mainboard, possible you can use some software to gather your mainboard detail (Aida64/Everest), along with amount of RAM, and of course your current PSU so guru here can give a much accurate recommendation.

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
For a start, that CPU is in no way even near worth upgrading yet. Unless you want to go Sandy Bridge E, but otherwise wait for the second gen Ivys. An SSD will make lots of stuff go faster... but... is not really necessary for gaming. Best option is getting something like a GTX560Ti (actually wait for 660 or something)