XP Screensaver

My workplace has the workstation tied down so as not to allow users to change
certain settings such as the scrrensaver. However the other day I
inadvertantly downloaded an autorun saver and now I want to get back to the
original (marquee) without asking for desktop supports intervention. Is there
still a .ini file that hold these settings (win.ini or system.ini) and should
I be able to edit this manually? Help much appreciated.

P.S. Searches for files mentioned above has yielded no satisfactory
results....

Thanks in Advance,

James

James_1178 wrote:
> My workplace has the workstation tied down so as not to allow users
> to change certain settings such as the scrrensaver. However the other
> day I inadvertantly downloaded an autorun saver and now I want to get
> back to the original (marquee) without asking for desktop supports
> intervention. Is there still a .ini file that hold these settings
> (win.ini or system.ini) and should I be able to edit this manually?
> Help much appreciated.
>
> P.S. Searches for files mentioned above has yielded no satisfactory
> results....

Screensaver settings is in the registry.. Likely disabled for your account
as well.

--
<- Shenan ->