I5-3570 temperature 70C

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Processors
  • Intel i5
  • Temperature
Last response: in CPUs
July 28, 2012 10:58:12 PM

Hi, I recently bought i5-3570 and my temps are pretty high ,Processor reached 70c . ark.intel.com says max temp must be not higher than 67.4C . I'm using HWiNFO to watch my temps . isn't that too high 70c for this Ivy bridge processor ? maybe HWiNFO shows wrong ?

More about : 3570 temperature 70c

a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 11:00:01 PM

try more temperature softwares like cpuid. 70C is too high if its true. Try running prime95 and recording your temperature with a few different softwares.
July 28, 2012 11:24:26 PM

esrever said:
try more temperature softwares like cpuid. 70C is too high if its true. Try running prime95 and recording your temperature with a few different softwares.
Ok ,I'll try . another weird thing that when I turn on my PC , fan for a couple of seconds spins very fast then slows down and then PC starts to load Windows . I can hear very clearly that moment the noise when he spins fast ,but when CPU reaches those high temps the fan works slowly ,doesn't even try to cool down my CPU ,it' looks like there is no difference on load or idle ,fan doesn't make a noise at all . It reaches 2600 rpm ,I don't know this is much or no .
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 11:33:12 PM

did you touch anything inside the bios for your computer? it might have some of the fan profiles disabled which is what it looks like from what you are saying.

you can try speedfan, which can be used to monitor fan speed and temperature as well as manual fan control, might be worth playing around with it to test a few things.
July 28, 2012 11:37:37 PM

esrever said:
did you touch anything inside the bios for your computer? it might have some of the fan profiles disabled which is what it looks like from what you are saying.

you can try speedfan, which can be used to monitor fan speed and temperature as well as manual fan control, might be worth playing around with it to test a few things.
no I didn't touch BIOS ,i will try to look there
July 29, 2012 11:36:44 AM

I've changed in bios some settings like -target temp- when Cpu reaches 45C I've set CPU fan to highest possible speed ,it went from 2600rpm to 4900rpm but still temps are very high on load and fan works quietly . Before I've changed some things there was some sort of quite mode set for fan . where I live we have very hot weather now , my rooms temp is maybe 30C ,maybe this have big impact on my CPU temp ?
July 29, 2012 11:57:11 AM

Try check your cpu cooler to see if it is installed correctly? and yes the room temp has an effect, my system goes around 10c~ up when it is hot.
July 29, 2012 12:33:32 PM

demerius said:
Try check your cpu cooler to see if it is installed correctly? and yes the room temp has an effect, my system goes around 10c~ up when it is hot.
I don't know how to check cooler ,my cooler was installed at the shop where i bought it by a serviceman
July 29, 2012 12:46:15 PM

Quote:
stock (OEM) cooling solution....
that's the main problem.
Hm i thought Intel is decent manufacturer compared to AMD crap,but its seems that cooler is crap even from Intel . By the way cooler is Nuvoton NCT6776F
July 29, 2012 12:55:33 PM

Quote:
link it.?
Excuse me what you have in mind ?
a c 313 à CPUs
July 29, 2012 1:08:20 PM

laimis911 said:
Hi, I recently bought i5-3570 and my temps are pretty high ,Processor reached 70c . ark.intel.com says max temp must be not higher than 67.4C . I'm using HWiNFO to watch my temps . isn't that too high 70c for this Ivy bridge processor ?

67C is the CPU IHS temperature (TCase) maximum. The junction temperature is what gets reported as individual core temperatures and the maximum (TJmax) is 105C.
July 29, 2012 1:22:36 PM

InvalidError said:
67C is the CPU IHS temperature (TCase) maximum. The junction temperature is what gets reported as individual core temperatures and the maximum (TJmax) is 105C.
I'm not very good at English,can you explain in different way :)  or you just saying that the damaging temp for this CPU is 105C ?
a c 313 à CPUs
July 30, 2012 12:33:21 AM

laimis911 said:
I'm not very good at English,can you explain in different way :)  or you just saying that the damaging temp for this CPU is 105C ?

67C is the "package" maximum temperature (the CPU's metal lid)
105C is the "junction" maximum temperature (the CPU cores themselves)

The junction (core) temperature is the critical parameter that dictates how large the risk of burning out a chip is. While the CPU should survive operation at 105C, this is not recommended and is easily avoidable under most circumstances by using a HSF or other cooling solution appropriate for the sort of use the chip will be subjected to.
July 30, 2012 5:00:39 PM

InvalidError said:
67C is the "package" maximum temperature (the CPU's metal lid)
105C is the "junction" maximum temperature (the CPU cores themselves)

The junction (core) temperature is the critical parameter that dictates how large the risk of burning out a chip is. While the CPU should survive operation at 105C, this is not recommended and is easily avoidable under most circumstances by using a HSF or other cooling solution appropriate for the sort of use the chip will be subjected to.
thanks for the answer . So the HWiNFO monitoring utility under DIGITAL THERMAL SENSOR shows TJmax or "junction" is that correct ? I'm just surprised that before I had Phenom II x 4 955BE and max temp was 62C I think ,it's a big difference compared to Intels 105C
a c 313 à CPUs
July 30, 2012 5:30:56 PM

laimis911 said:
I'm just surprised that before I had Phenom II x 4 955BE and max temp was 62C I think ,it's a big difference compared to Intels 105C

Last time I remember reading about TJMax on AMD chips, it was 95C so AMD is not that far behind AMD on that assuming they have not increased it since then.
a c 313 à CPUs
July 30, 2012 6:15:19 PM

laimis911 said:
so I guess 62C for this processor is Tcase temp

Exactly like how 67C is the Tcase temp for Ivy Bridge CPUs.