Have an X5da8 that has been working for several years. The 4 overheat led lights went on and the machine shutdown and would not boot. replaced both cpus with exact same processors and the 4 leds and single continuous beep remain. Is there a thermal 'trip' or 'reset' that should be changed? Cannot even get into bios, machine will not boot at all, but power and fans run great.
More aboutsupermicro x5da8 overheat stay
you can follow standard troubleshooting steps. Replace the cmos battery. check power supply outputs. remove reset connector from motherbd. pull all add in cards and listen for beep codes...
how do i remove the reset connector from the motherboard?