alcatraz

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'm not really sure where this question belongs, but since my systems are all home built I guess it can go here. I have 2 systems right now.

Mine
i2500k
16gig ram
560ti Twin Frozr

Wife's
i2100
8gigs ram
HIS 4870

My dilemma is that I have a Phenom II x3 (unlocked 4th core, OC'd), mobo, and 4gigs of ram just lying around from the various upgrades. It has no on-board video, and I have no case, power supply, or video card to put it all together.

I have a couple of ideas. First would be to buy a new 7850 for mine, put the 560ti in my wife's, and the 4870 with the Phenom II in a cheap case. If I did this, I'd probably sell the Phenom II combo to try to recoup some of my upgrade cost. Second option would be to buy a cheap case, psu, and video card and set it up for my kids (8 and 6) as well as using it for a folding computer (something I've wanted to do for a while now.) Any and all advise (both on my ideas or something completely different) is appreciated.

Option 2 sounds like a good idea. Realistically, you're probably not going to get much money out of selling the parts. You'd be lucky to get 100 bucks. An 8 year old probably doesn't need a high end gaming system. I say it depends on if they do their chores!

G

buy a cheap case, psu, and 7850.

put together the "kids rig with the 4850 and put the 560ti in the wife rig. then reward yourself for giving the kids their own rig, upgrading the wife's video card by putting the 7850 in your box.

TRENDING THREADS