When will new game graphics happen?

diablo24life

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
some of the best quality graphic games for pc and console are battlefeild 3, modern warfare 3 and skyrim. when do you think the next step up from those games, graphics wise will happen? maybe when new game consoles come out in around 2012 - 2013 like the ps4 or 720? not to nit pick im just not entirley wowed with the level of graphics things are currently at

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i think what would be more interesting is if the manufacturers could actually come out with a game or graphics card that can play these games with adequate performance rather than always concentrating on the graphics side and totally avoiding optimisation and good Frame rate performance on PC. Always spoils the game when you can't play it with good performance. I really like Call of Duty, because they give you a balance between good performance and attractive graphics.

diablo24life

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
sorry thats not what i was talking about. im WONDERING when will the next step for graphics happen..... thast ok if graphics arnet that important to you or in general. but to me they are.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i'm interested in what you said too though, unfortunately i have no idea when they will come out. 256mb minimum is here to stay for sometime, the change from 128mb to 256mb is very recent, so i'd imagine in 2-3 years time until 512mb. Maybe the graphics 512mb might look 1 step next to real, and by the time there's 1GB lol that will be the day.