PC won't turn on.

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
I just finished the external build of my computer and I tried using the screwdriver to turn it on by touching the pins. Nothing happens at all. then I tried connecting the power plug from my case and clicking the power on the case, still nothing happens. I did everything carefully and got everything plugged in. I see the green led light on the motherboard when I flip the power supply switch. I had my friend on webcam look at my pc and he's trying to figure out what's wrong.

AxelTDH

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Yes, it is the 4 pin plug. Take a look at the manual that came with your motherboard, double check that you are contacting the correct pins

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
check your ram , see if they are properly inserted!!

and the 24 pin on your mobo !!

1. Cpu
2. MOBO
3.RAM

and your pc should start , and double check you are bridging the proper pins , PWR + - ( TRY BRIDING OTHER PINS IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE DOING WRONG :)

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012

The 24 pin is inserted, the ram is properly inserted, the mobo is good I think because the green light is on, the cpu is good because I matched the one triangle thing on the corner to the motherboard. I'm bridging the top right 2 pins for the power and its not working.

AxelTDH

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

If everything is seated properly then you might be bridging the wrong pins. The placement of those pins varies between different motherboards

do you see any of the cpu fans twitch...if the ps trying to work and there no dead shorts there should be a fan twitch. also depending on your cpu and your mb you may need a bios update if your using a newer cpu. some mb wont post without the right cpu code. take a look online at the mb cpu guild..see what bios is needed to boot. then look at the default bios number..if your lucky the mb should boot. one thing to check if your using an after market heat sink...that the fan pins are on the right plug.la lot of times people screw up a fan header with a sound/cd-rom audio header. also check that if your using an after market cooler that the back plate if metal not shorting out the cpu. that you did not over tighten the cooler and is shorting out the cpu. make sure the thermal paste did not ooze onto the cpu pins. check under the cpu..for bent pins..if none see if it was a cpu seating issue. if it an asus mb check to see if the video or ram fault led is on hard.if it the ram led on hard try using one dimm and see if the system posts. or move one dimm into another slot. (see mb have dead slots before). if your mb has onboard video pull the gpu and see if it posts.

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
yea double check the pins you are bridging and make sure the MOBO is seated properly into the case ...

did you do a bench test ? ....

it is vital to assemble a PC on a table and check everything properly before you put it into a case .

because the back of the mobo might be touching some part of the case causing problems.

after all this if you dont get any solutions,

take your computer to technician who has spares in abundance so he can test check every component of your PC and root out the faulty one and maybe you can claim warranty !!

romeodakins

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2012
Never mind, turns out I was touching the wrong pins, I thought the manual said the highest row so I saw a third row of pins and I thought that was the highest row. But the highest row I saw wasn't part of the f panel.