Sign in with
Your question

Need help with crackling a popping sounds...

Last response: in Components
July 29, 2012 6:52:12 AM

Hello, I have been having a problem with speakers and headphones connected to my desktop, they make a very annoying crackling and sometimes popping sound that goes with the beat of music or voice in a video, that sort of thing. It just happens on every sound the computer makes.

This started happening about a week ago, and I don't know what went wrong. Nothing changed in the computer, that I know of. I fear it could be the sound card.

Please help!
July 29, 2012 7:17:54 AM

Multiple things could cause this. Listing some ideas here.

1. did you blow your speakers? Are you sure? That's what this sounds like.

2. a nearby cell phone. Some cell signals interfere with speakers and create static.

3. a lose connection in the speaker somewhere or perhaps connecting to the sound card (do you actually have a sound card - if so try plugging into the actual computer and see if its different) A bad connection can cause static -- for example I have a control knob on my Klipsh speakers that causes static whenever I touch it. A break in the wire to the headphones could cause something similar.
m
l
July 31, 2012 4:49:59 AM

You might want to check the grounding on the system itself and/or the soundcard because a bad ground connection= noisy line.

(i.e. 3rd prong on the plug)
m
l
!