Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Gaming Rig with Affordable Price

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 16, 2012 12:07:56 PM

Hi, I want to bought new rig for upgrading my PC. But I want some rigs is affordable and good for gaming. What the rig is affordable and good for gaming? Here's the feature I wanted:
1. Quad-core processor (Core i5 2400 Sandy Bridge or 3450 Ivy Bridge)
2. UEFI Mobo
3. Better for gaming
4. Overclocking (optional)
5. Better graphics switch (for better power management)

And the rigs I want is:
- Intel Core i5 2400 or 3450 Ivy Bridge
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Mobo
- Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB RAM

However I need to thinking, is ASRock mobo good for gaming with affordable price?
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
April 16, 2012 12:30:20 PM

where you want to put the money on a rig is the power supply and the video card. toms hardware has reviewed asrock and there not bad motherboard. if your not going to overclock then look at the lower end h77 and other chipset motherboard.
the z77 chipset your going to pay more as it the top of the line chipset that everyone wants so they can over-clock.
buying one good video card will make the system last awile before you have to upgrade. I would wait a few weeks to see what the nvidia 670 and lower cards will be priced at and when there coming out.
April 16, 2012 1:21:17 PM

to add if you want to overclock later as you have it as optional, you will want a i5 with a K on the end which you will pay more for. With the ram I would suggest 1600 speed as it is not much more then 1333 speed. That motherboard is good. Make sure your PSU is a good brand. I suggest in order: Seasonic, Corsair, Antec
Related resources
April 17, 2012 6:23:31 AM

smorizio said:
where you want to put the money on a rig is the power supply and the video card. toms hardware has reviewed asrock and there not bad motherboard. if your not going to overclock then look at the lower end h77 and other chipset motherboard.
the z77 chipset your going to pay more as it the top of the line chipset that everyone wants so they can over-clock.
buying one good video card will make the system last awile before you have to upgrade. I would wait a few weeks to see what the nvidia 670 and lower cards will be priced at and when there coming out.


I already own video card and power supply:
Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Thermaltake EVO_Blue 550W
April 17, 2012 6:30:13 AM

kcsmacker said:
to add if you want to overclock later as you have it as optional, you will want a i5 with a K on the end which you will pay more for. With the ram I would suggest 1600 speed as it is not much more then 1333 speed. That motherboard is good. Make sure your PSU is a good brand. I suggest in order: Seasonic, Corsair, Antec


My parents doesn't want expensive like i5 2500K because they are too expensive than i5 2400. Is Thermaltake EVO_Blue 550W good enough? Because no stock available for Corsair GS600 on retail store so my uncle bought Thermaltake PSU.
April 19, 2012 2:07:28 AM

Oh yeah, for the right now. Is Pentium E6600 worth for overclocking? The cooler for overclocking is Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO, what different the TX3 EVO and TX3 standard one?
May 4, 2012 12:30:03 PM

frenzyvanrafi said:
Oh yeah, for the right now. Is Pentium E6600 worth for overclocking? The cooler for overclocking is Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO, ?


Yes I've been searching for the answer to the same question! what's the difference between the TX3 EVO and TX3 standard one ??
Can anybody help?
May 5, 2012 9:27:58 AM

WILDLEGHORN said:
Yes I've been searching for the answer to the same question! what's the difference between the TX3 EVO and TX3 standard one ??
Can anybody help?

I think the difference of TX3 EVO with standard one is:
1. TX3 EVO support LGA 1366 processor rather TX3 standard
2. TX3 EVO doesn't support older AMD processor (i think)
May 5, 2012 9:46:50 AM

frenzyvanrafi said:
I think the difference of TX3 EVO with standard one is:
1. TX3 EVO support LGA 1366 processor rather TX3 standard
2. TX3 EVO doesn't support older AMD processor (i think)


Performance wise & size wise both are same?
Thx a lot :) 
May 6, 2012 4:04:35 AM

WILDLEGHORN said:
Performance wise & size wise both are same?
Thx a lot :) 

Size wise are same (still use 92mm fans), but I think performance wise better on EVO. The standard ones was not available on local store in my country.
May 6, 2012 4:57:34 PM

frenzyvanrafi said:
Size wise are same (still use 92mm fans), but I think performance wise better on EVO. The standard ones was not available on local store in my country.


Thx works like a dream on my HTPC :) 
!