New computer build

Daveler11

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am building my first computer and have heard nightmares about all of the components being compatible. Could you guys let me know whether or not the components I've chosen listed below will provide a stable machine? The main purpose of the machine is to be used for CAD along with playing around with overclocking. The only thing that I wasn't sure of is whether or not my power supply has enough watts. All opinions and suggestions will help out a lot. Thanks!!

Here is what I'm considering:

Intel Core i7-3930K
ASUS P9X79 PRO
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 680
Corsair Force Series GT 2.5" 180GB SATA II
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
CORSAIR H100 CPU cooler
LG DVD Burner 24X
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I

Have you considered going a custom watercooling route?

I would change the case to any of the following:
NZXT Switch 810
HAF-X
Corsair 500R
Corsair 650D
Corasir 550D
Corsair 600T
CM Storm Trooper
Bitfenix Shinobi XL
Antec Eleven Hundred
Fractal Design Define XL
Fractal Design Define R3

Redmar89

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Looks like a solid build, I would go for a different case but that's my taste. Your motherboard and cpu are having good overclock potention so you can play with is as you described. Powersupply is more than enough you can go cheaper as hellfire described.

Daveler11

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Thanks everyone for the replies. Just curious, what is wrong with the case? Is it because of the water cooling? I saw the review on newegg n it seemed pretty good.

Also, should I wait for Ivy Bridge to come out? What are the benefits of the new Ivy bridge set up? From what I understand basically it's only power savings. What are your opinions?