Lower GPU frequency than specs

sbnz0r

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hello, I just bought a MSI 440 GT with specs 810Mhz and memory 1800Mhz . The problem is that every app says mem is running at 667 Mhz . I know this number is x2 but still that is just 1334Mhz. Things to mention is that i only have PCI-E 16x mobo , other than that I don'w know why is it not running at 1800Mhz. Please help, king regards.

ok, do this. install EVGA precision once the GPU is setup with that. go and set the osd's with the mem clock showing. and then once thats done. run some GPU acceleration application. Google Earth is a good low level benchmarker. If you can get a free copy of Heaven benchmark then run the bench and see if your mem clock changes

What is it showing the core clock at? Your card is likely in 2D mode to conserve power and reduce temperatures. You can use something like EVGA Precision or GPU-Z to watch the clock speed, furmark is a good free way to load up your GPU. You don't need to run a full stress test on it, just enough to make it do some work.

sbnz0r

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I tested it, it stayed at 667Mhz max, used EVGA and MSI Afterburner, in idle or lower testing it goes down from 667Mhz.... now I put it from MSI Afterburner at 870Mhz that still doesn't add up x2 to 1800 spec MHZ.