My inspiron 570... F it! I'll build a new PC! Need a ? answered

michaelxps

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Okay so after weeks of researching on the forums, on google, everything... I would find out something to put in my computer to make it better butttt it needed this for it, so on and so forth I've come to the conclusion that.... Might as well build a new computer because basically the road I'm headed I'm already gonna be doin that with my dell! So my question is, i do wanna get into gaming and I want a decent video card that will hold me over about 8-9 months that'll gimme enough time to save up about a grand hopefully more (yeah 19 year old college student i needta save for it! lol :p) so any suggestions on a video card?

my specs:
windows 7 64-bit
6 GIGS of ram (added 2 to it)
500 GB hard drive
AMD athlon II X2 250 processor 3.00 GHz
300W power supply (though I've heard there under rated)

and its a dell inspiron 570

g-unit1111

Titan
You'll have to upgrade your PSU before you can accommodate for any sort of modern GPU. You're definitely due for a full system overhaul and whether or not you can install a new GPU like a Radeon 7850 will depend on the dimensions of your case and whether or not you'll be able to accommodate for the PSU upgrade first.

The problem with Dells is the fact that they use a lot of proprietary form factors and not standardized ones which makes upgrading incredibly difficult in a lot of cases and sometimes near impossible.

g-unit1111

Titan
Well the one video card I found from doing some research I can use on my stock stuff without any real big problems, and I'm sure it'll hold me over.

That should be fine but if you play any sort of games don't expect it to run on maxed out settings - if you're running multiple displays you'll most likely won't be able to use more than two.

michaelxps

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Update guys- bought the radeon HD 6670, from what I read it's pretty good and it runs a lot of games on high settings, saw a few videos of skyrum on high pretty cool and it works with my pc. Now I'll start to save for either to upgrade my pc to make it awesome or build one.