Sign in with
Your question

New buuilds motherboard is stuck to case, pics included.

Last response: in Systems
April 16, 2012 5:51:59 PM

My motherboard is stuck to the case, there is a screw at the bottom middle nearest to the ports stuck to the case. I have a picture of it: http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/jackstack10/?a...
can someone suggest how to get it out? I need to put in more standoff screws in 2 more holes. HELP!!
April 16, 2012 5:57:12 PM

Sounds like you overtightened and stripped the threads. You can try a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the screw while you twist it out.
m
l
April 16, 2012 6:00:51 PM

buckshot420 said:
Sounds like you overtightened and stripped the threads. You can try a pair of needle nose pliers and pull the screw while you twist it out.

yeah thats what i think i did. twist it out with what? I am not good with tools ;P. Where do i hold the pliers to? Top or bottom of the spacers. Can you be more specific? I really just dont wanna ruin this build. Im trying to be as careful as possible and im terrible with tools. I can do basic screwing and unscrewing but thats about as far as i can go. Tell me how to do that please? Im very stupid with tools.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2012 6:13:09 PM

Hello,

I've got an idea. You will need some super glue though.

- Get a screwdriver handy

- Get super glue handy

- Now right before you put your screwdriver in - put in a dab of super glue -and immediately put the screwdriver into the screw with the super glue in. You might have to hold it there for a while.

Now once the super glue hardens, try unscrewing it.

This might not work if your screw is stripped on the top though.

Either way be very careful...and don't drop any super glue on the motherboard....although I don't think it would hurt it even if you did.
m
l
April 16, 2012 6:28:31 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Hello,

I've got an idea. You will need some super glue though.

- Get a screwdriver handy

- Get super glue handy

- Now right before you put your screwdriver in - put in a dab of super glue -and immediately put the screwdriver into the screw with the super glue in. You might have to hold it there for a while.

Now once the super glue hardens, try unscrewing it.

This might not work if your screw is stripped on the top though.

Either way be very careful...and don't drop any super glue on the motherboard....although I don't think it would hurt it even if you did.

haha thats how i stripped the screw on top, a little got on the gold to the right, but i wiped it off. i need new ways. i might try again if all else fails.
m
l
!