Sign in with
Your question

PC Controllers?

Last response: in Components
July 29, 2012 7:28:25 PM

I don't know what category this goes in but a controller is a keyboard sort of so I thought it would go in the pc components category.

I'm gonna get a logitech pc gamepad but i was wondering what is the difference between using a ps2 controller with adapter or getting the logitech one because the logitech is designed for pc and ps2 is for ps2 but using an adapter for pc. What's the differece? Or is there no difference? Can the ps2 still program buttons like the logitech?

More about : controllers

July 29, 2012 8:13:32 PM

If money is an issue then you could go with the ps2 and adaptor , but if money is not that much of an issue then you could go with the logitech since you may get better connection and programing since it's designed for the Pc.
m
l
July 29, 2012 8:19:23 PM

or you can use a ps3 controller.

if you have a bluetooth adapter then you can use it wirelessly

there are a load of free tools to connect them

or there is built in support in windows i beleive for the xbox controller as ive come across a couple games with an xbox preset in controls
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2012 9:23:49 PM

Its all about whats supported in the games you play. Logitech usually has excellent support as does the xbox360 controller (in more modern games)
m
l
July 30, 2012 2:01:42 AM

popatim said:
Its all about whats supported in the games you play. Logitech usually has excellent support as does the xbox360 controller (in more modern games)

Does it really need to have support? Can you just make the computer think you're using a keyboard but your actually using a gamepad and then change the keys you want on each button?
m
l
July 30, 2012 5:14:58 AM

Well you can fool the computer but you have to have the software to do it. I use the Razer Nostromo N-52 speed pad for gaming and the computer classifies it as a keyboard.
m
l
July 31, 2012 12:55:13 AM

romeodakins said:
Does it really need to have support? Can you just make the computer think you're using a keyboard but your actually using a gamepad and then change the keys you want on each button?

If the keys on the pad are programmable then yeah but what do you do about the joysticks?
m
l
!